Skip tooth block chain

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just wondering when where skip tooth block chains made, and maybe around what time was mine maid? This one has 55 links, all freely moving. If known what is the value. Thanks you all, Daniel
023_zps570f505e.jpg~c200
022_zps6aeffffc.jpg~c200

1" pitch chains go for 40 on up over 100, depending on condition, length, and style. IMO a nice looking OE block chain like that would be top end. I believe there may have been reproduction block type made for track bikes. If it's that, then maybe 50-75.

These statements are not "certified" in any way, nor are they representative of an official pov of this website or it's operaters.
Opinions, and your results, may vary. :grin:

Yeah, block chain is quite pricey. Probably averaging 100$ for a full length piece. There is a wheelman reproducing these though so it may get hard to tell. If it seems too nice, it probably is. Check for chain stretch. If it is 100 years old, it will likely be stretched pretty good.

I think that one is the same style on my 1908 Peerless. With the straight sides, but the slot in the middle.

When i got her she was in ruff condition, with corrosion and pitting. so i think she is the real deal, didnt know ther were repops of them. Thanks guys, Daniel

Back