smalltown cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after cleaning up my daughter's '69 schwinn, i decided to do something for myself, so i found an old i-don't-know-what cruiser in the shed and cleaned it up a little, added some new grips, and some nirve street sweeper fenders.
CafOl.JPG.jpg

i didn't like the seat position so i welded the post to its new position, which sits me nicely above the rear tire without the aid of a banana seat :)
KustomSeatPost.JPG.jpg

now i look at it and the wheels keep turning so i know that i will be adding and subtracting to it as i go, so that is why i posted here to see what changes happen in the next few months...
34View.JPG.jpg

gotta ask, (looking for an honest answer) how comfortable are those bars?

i've seen a few bikes with the bars in a similar position. looks really cool, but wondered how they faired for riding.

sweet build.

Very very cool. My guess at the frame would be older BMX cruiser. It is looking killer as it sits! :mrgreen:

the bars do take a toll on the old wrists, but for some odd reason i actually like it. hoping to get some apes and replace them before too long. the frame in question is still a big idunno, but it was definitely some type of beach cruiser. i'm working on a tank (possibly, if it works out) and fiddling here and there with little stuff. how could i find out info on the frame? is there some site out there that helps in that? just wondering...

decided to try my hand at a tank. not being one of carpenterial ability it is rough, but what the heck. you learn by doing, right? since it is my first shot, i went with some junk ply i had lying around. i figure, i'll shape it, smooth it out, and paint it so my sorry cuts and what not will, hopefully be hidden.
here it is after i first put it together
WoodenTank.JPG.jpg

mocked up
TankMockUp.JPG.jpg

another view
Tanked.JPG.jpg

Hemet, CA. Always wondered what it was like; looks arid. I had a Grand Prix from Hemet. It was owned by a lady named Mildred White. Here's a pic of the dealer tag trim on the front.

MVC-002S.jpg

I just found this over on the bmxforums, could it be the same bike you started with? (1979 S&S)

2uokn0x.jpg

That looks like my ride! Thanks! Same dropouts an everything! It was given to me a couple of years ago, but it was stripped of stickers and any other type of labeling. Thanks again!

Back