So-Cal Speed Shop Roadster!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOVE it! I remember last year wandering around So-Cal's Phoenix store, just in awe....and of course I couldn't leave without some decals and a T-shirt....lol. Think they'll order up a batch of these bikes? ;)

I am thinking of copying this jockey shift idea....the first time I saw it was on this forum, on an Electra Straight 8. Not sure how he reaches it though, or how I would!

Stupid question from a Newbie....are those 24" or 26" wheels? Stock Dynos come with 26" wheels, do they not? I'm very intrigued by these bikes and I think doing something along these likes would be a fun first time build.

I've also been looking a generic stretch lowrider beach cruiser frame and considering putting one together, rather than buying a Dyno and only using half the parts! No matter what, my Electra is my "go to" bike, but having something like this to ride around the neighborhood and show off would be a lot of fun!

Here's the frame in question:
stretchframe.jpg

sweet bike!
SO-CAL Speed Shop L.A. was to have bikes on display but I have never been there to see them
Jim Aust (former editor of Rod and Custom magazine )who owns it actually bought a bike from me for the shop!
it was a 55 schwinn 20" that had been made into a stingray type bike many many years ago

BarnesTO said:
Stupid question from a Newbie....are those 24" or 26" wheels? Stock Dynos come with 26" wheels, do they not? I'm very intrigued by these bikes and I think doing something along these likes would be a fun first time build.

I've also been looking a generic stretch lowrider beach cruiser frame and considering putting one together, rather than buying a Dyno and only using half the parts! No matter what, my Electra is my "go to" bike, but having something like this to ride around the neighborhood and show off would be a lot of fun!

Here's the frame in question:
stretchframe.jpg
WHere could I get one of those frames? I need one!

Back