So then on the way home..........

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I found this late 50's Schwinn Middleweight. I need to sand off some housepaint to get the serial number. It does have AS Stembolt, AS handlebar clamp bolt, and AS Seatpost bolt. It also has Schwinn Script "Schwinn Approved" rim calipers. Oh, before I forget, it also looks to have Stainless Steel Fenders as well. They'll need to be rolled though. Original paint was Opalescent Red.

bikefinds3-23-13162_zpsfbb9fdfe.jpg

bikefinds3-23-13161_zps2da87163.jpg

I'm guessing it was originally. It has a Red Band Bendix coaster and house painted over painted s-7's on it now.I have some chrome S-7's sitting around somewhere if I do a resto or sell it.

mitchelangelo said:
Nice original find! Is it a 3 speed? Just curious with the hand brakes.

Fenders may be stainless but are not original. Look how the rear braces attach...to the axle instead of the ear on the frame. Gary

It's just a well used and abused old middleweight.It's probably been "fixed" by some kids dad or a poor person lots of times. I found it in a neighborhood second hand store that was here when I was a kid 50 years ago. I was attracted to it because it had all the AS bolts and "Schwinn Approved" script calipers. I love that kind of stuff. I'm not really much of a bike flipper or even a Middleweight guy. I have ballooners I'd rather do something with than throw money into this.

B607 said:
Fenders may be stainless but are not original. Look how the rear braces attach...to the axle instead of the ear on the frame. Gary

NICE FIND

Looks like it might have been a Corvette.

Definately some wrong parts, but still nice - I'd love to find that local. for sure.

Latest posts

Back