Things have been hectic around here, as we insulate our house with expanded polystyrene. So many decisions to be made, and so far to go to pick up or order stuff. Luckily the weather has been pretty good, although it is over 30 degrees today.
The tank is coming together quite well now, good enough that I have even stuck the filler tube on using my 24-hour glue. Here it is, all taped in place, roughly on the centreline of the slightly distorted tank
The cardboard stuff in the middle is a former insulation tape reel that fitted quite well to act as a cutting and sanding guide.
I know that there will be a few minor scratches that will still need to be filled after I give it a spray with undercoat, but they will be easier to locate at that point.
I am quite pleased with it, just as I am with the 'Bydogoszcz' cap and the filler I applied to it. I didn't quite blend in the last bits of filler I added, so I will sand those right a bit later.
Finally, I am trying out another way of covering the seat, by sewing some edging to this top-of-the-seat pattern I have drawn out here. I know that I would get better results if I had some thicker material, but I will have to just live with what I can achieve based on my actual materials. I could go and buy some better materials, but then I would be going against one of my basic principals - try to get it to work with what you have before investing in more materials.
So that is about where I am for now, but I am going back up the warsztat later to get some progress in painting the tank and sorting out the various bits that need to go on, like cables and things like that.
I know I don't take a lot of photos of different things that I could be putting on the bike but, to be honest, I can visualise how it is going to look without keep bolting different stuff on. Yes, I am useless at many things, but visualising how complex things will look together is something that seems to work best in my head. I looked back on some of my motorbike shots I have from the 1980s, and it was the same there.