something different for me...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
015-1.jpg

This is what I did with all those recent parts I picked up.

ok...so I'm a total N00b to this scene....

but can some one please explain this type of build? (this is not the first Ive seen)

Schwiiiing :D

I see the top of the swing mechanism is a spare stem, very innovative! hows the bottom held on?

Is this the first "no weld" swing bike ever?

mciver.... Its called a swing bike, it pivots in the middle for some wild rides, lotsa fun! and a excellent way to use up junk parts.

Swingers are the best! It's hard to go back to a non-swing, they just feel 'boring' afterwords (in my opinon)

I liek the 'no-weld' solution, if indeed it is weldless? Maybe soem more pics of the swing joint? I'd love to build my own from scratch but I have no welder :(

But here's a couple pics of the one I bought and 'ratted'

IMG_1251.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

udallcustombikes said:
Ratfink1962 said:
Schwiiiing :D

Is this the first "no weld" swing bike ever?

I built this one no weld 3 years ago. It is my second custom bike ever.
n1665316682_22967_6809.jpg

Duh! I shoulda known.... Cause I remember your no weld tall bike. I just didnt know you had a swing bike to match.

Yes the bike is welded together (not pretty but they work)Here is a couple more pictures
014.jpg

This section was made from a scooter laying in my junk pile. I cut down the scooter forks
for the pivot.

015-2.jpg

I used stem to help support it, so I could ride it (I am not a little as I once was) The front section of
frame is from a girls giant, the rear section is boys huffy. Total cost was less than $12, I
must say it is the most fun I have had riding a bike in a long time

Latest posts

Back