Something to "DO" this Winter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kota, the bike is cool but them handlebars really rock it out! Great choice!
My wife has been looking for some of them bars for about a year now. Don't know what she's got planned but it should be interesting. She's also planning on "scratch building" her own frame this summer.
Let us know how it rides. I'm planning on builing something that will have a similar steering effect. Also, I love how much the struts enhance the whole front end!
Thanks for posting,
Chainy

Ditto on the handlebars!

Might I suggest something in the "metal-flake" family for color! I seem to remember one of the rattle-can companies bringing a cool line of mega-flake spraypaint to market a while back.

jak stoll said:
hey...
where do you get tubing & how are you making such nice bends?

beautiful work bye the way
it looks like you have allot of projects under your belt :)

take care & happy holidays
JAK

Thanks jak..........On all projects that need tubing, I use pieces of old frames or conduit. ALL bending is done with a 1 inch conduit bender. A lot of people have trouble with a conduit bender, but with practice you can get the results you want ( I keep moving the bender in "small" increments to avoid kinking). Another thing is, never use LONG unsupported spans of conduit............jak I've seen your wild motorized bike (very cool).
Muddy, the rear carrier is from a 60, something, Flight liner.
.Thanks chainy...Looking forward to seeing gig's scratch built frame.
I guess it's time to name IT!.......So I was thinking of Rat Sass, after an old Super Stocker from the 70's. Or because I used a generic Chinese frame, Ra-Tung-Lo.

Back