Sorry i keep doing this

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
first off sorry about postig so many different times and thanks for all ur guys help
alright question
i was looking at the sticky how to build a low buck fixie cause i hae a bike i wanna turn to a fixie and i got a little confused
what do i do about the front three sprockets meaning how do i make it just one and question 2,where can i get a track cog? local hardware store?

thanks guys for all the help,i'm only 14 so this site is crazy helpful for a guy that is just getting in to bikes!

THANKS! :D :D

ok first we need a pic of the front gears. if it is a schwinn your sorta stuck because the outer two gears as i recall are bolted to the smallest gear. or you could remove all three gears and replace the whole thing with a single cruiser sprocket. as for the rear unless you have a fixie hub a track cog wont work as they use a large set of threads that the cog goes onto then a smaller set of threads that the lock ring goes onto. personally i would get a bmx freewheel and thread it on because it will do just that go right on. the biggest issue you will run into is the spacing for the wheel. you will notice that once you remove the gear cluster that the hub is off set. to really make it work right you need to make the spacers the same on each side of the hub and redish the wheel. it is kinda a pain in the u know what i think.

ok i prolly won't do it then cause this bike is a neweer like 2000ish mongoose that i'm messin with
but i figured i'd ask
i would post pictures but as of right now i have no means of doing so

THANKS!

Back