SpaceLiner Headstock Bearing issues...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought the chromeSpaceLiner from Rat Rod(thanks, btw) and went to do a quick mockup, and found out that the lower headstock bearing cup is smaller diameter than all the bearings i have. So I popped out a bearing cup form a coastking frame and a firestone 500 frame, and while they both will fit the bearings, they are just too small to securly stay in my frame's headstock. They just spin around in the holes... Any advice? I didn't know htere were multiple sizes of bearings/bearing cups...

I might have what you need. Can you get a rough measurement of the Inner diameter of the cup? Just throw a tape on it and tell me the distance across the Inside of the cup. I can check them with my Spaceliner, but wanna make sure it fits yours .Mark

I've run into this before with other frames too.

Fortunately I just happened to have a bottom bearing cup in my pile-o-parts that fit.

Your LBS probably would be a good place to check first....mine always has lots of stuff laying around.

Yeah... My LBS is kinda... Lame. If it's not a high dollar mtb or skinny-tired road bike, they aren't much help. I wanted a set of apes and a banana seat and the guy was like "Just go on line. I don't really deal with old stuff like that. I wanted whitewall tires and he said "Go to Walmart." There may be one in Olympia that I can deal with, but this guy here is a bonehead. And I haven't been Olympia, 45 minutes away, when shops would be open...

Back