Spaceliner re-do...Space Hog

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Un-Klunked it, threw(crammed) a springer on and added everything I could find on it.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
100_3014.jpg

100_3015.jpg

100_3017.jpg

100_3018.jpg

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Before:
100_2943.jpg

Re: Spaceliner re-do...

beautiful! lots of shiney! just need to wait for the polish to thaw out to make it really shine. :mrgreen:

thanks. since the chrome on the frame is crusty I thought I might leave everything else rusty :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I had to come in to warm up....gotta find some cool pedals in the pile :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
...think Ill have to do something about that sprocket too... :mrgreen:

"...think Ill have to do something about that sprocket too... "

If you decide to change the sprocket/chainring/crank assembly, I have a Murray made one with 46 teeth that would look awesome with your frame. I' planned on selling it soon... The picture link is below- if you are interested, pelase pm me. Light rusty discoloration at the crank chainring joint, harware and bearings included. Very solid and straight chainring.

Here's the picture link:

http://i41.tinypic.com/iqiigx.jpg

Nice bike!

Chris S.

Thanks for your offer Unchained, but I have one just like it in the pile somewhere :mrgreen:
Im hoping for somethin a little different...maybe the ole star cutout type :D :D

thanks guys. If it ever gets above freezing again Ill paint the fender struts silver and rough em up. Gotta get a RatRod sticker on there too! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

that bike has had so many different looks its crazy! it is very cool. you are making me want to build my new one up! that bike used to easily pull 300-400 pounds of scrap to the yard. it was slow going though! when we traded it was my poor mans pickup until a scrap beam went into the rear wheel.if you want to get the rest of the red paint off try one of those spray on chemical strippers.thatbike came a long way from sitting in the yard down the street rotting away.i sure do miss it.the springer looks real good on it.very cool redo.

heres what it looked like when I got it from you...
100_1689.jpg

...Ill take your new one too :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

tryin out a different sprocket and chainguard...maybe the original guard (?)
100_3021.jpg

also swapped out the nuts and bolts on the rear fender support for a set of stainless knobs:
100_3022.jpg

its a cheap springer from bicycledesigner.com
very cheap :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

headlight and fender mount..
100_3024.jpg

temp has been rising, its 46 now...maybe a midnight ride :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

the springer really goes well with the lines of the spaceliner frame. just put one on a flightliner frame,and it looks much cooler than i thought it would! great lookin` bike! :D

Latest posts

Back