Spaceliner/WalMart ??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would cranks,forks from one of these fit Spacliner frame....
Just picked up frame and would like to ride while I hunt down the stuff I really want..
I'm assuming the wheels would fit no problem.

Putting a 3 piece crank into a Spaceliner was a pain for me
The frame is made rather cheaply by extending the frame tubes into the bottom bracket tube
SearsVsSquareTaper.jpg

A conversion can be done by grinding down the inside tubes to install the bolts for the adapter

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=39726&start=0
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=39726&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

The weight reduction was less than expected so I didn’t do the conversion on my wife's Spaceliner

Saying that, I like the look and feel of the 3 piece set and the ability to go to a 52 tooth gear easily
But now that I have several hundred miles of rough use, I need to go back into the setup to fix a creaking noise that occurs while cranking.
IMG_5295II.jpg

There may be an easier method that I don't know about
Good Luck
Steve

Well I bought a truss fork for it this morning , I'm starting to think it would be better to
just buy what i need bit by bit....

Just hold off on building it until the Build Off start date of May 1st.
That is if this is going to be your entry.

I have 2 bikes to decide which one to use for build offf...Just discovered my Spaceliner frame is bent pretty bad in the rear..
I'm still collecting parts I need and doing research,,,I'm not doing any building till May 1st....

Latest posts

Back