Speedwell bicycle info needed acquired old headbadge

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys, I have this headbadge. I love the art work and the patina of it.

Does anyone know anything about the "Speedwell" Brand?

My headbadge is marked "made in the USA"

So I am guessing that its not related with the "Bennet and Wood" Australian based "Speedwell" brand.

I have done some research on the US variant and supposedly they made bikes around 1901 and they were based out of New York, According to the Wheelmen database.

Can anyone add anything else?

IMAG0206.jpg

I have an old ladies safety with wooden rims and grips made by Speedwell. It has the same headbadge. I unfortunately don't have anymore info on the company, but would love to know more about it if anyone knows anything.

Colnago said:
I have an old ladies safety with wooden rims and grips made by Speedwell. It has the same headbadge. I unfortunately don't have anymore info on the company, but would love to know more about it if anyone knows anything.

Have any pictures of your bike? I would love to see it.

There were a few "Speedwell" bikes.There was a "Speedwell" made by Emblem Bicycle Company in Angola NY. Emblem started making bicycles in 1903. I've seen less ornate oval Speedwell badges which say Speedwell in the middle, with Emblem Mfg CO at the top and Angola, NY at the bottom.

Back