Spring Rat Ride 5-31-08 PICTURES

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would really like to start a "cruise in" and 8 mile ride at Miami Whitewater Park in Harrison, Ohio in late May or Early June. We could meet up on a Saturday or Sunday around 10am and hit the road around 11. Bring family and friends, anyone who enjoys a nice bike ride, all types of bikes are welcome. The park is a very family oriented atmosphere and a great place to ride. Please let me know if you have any interest, I think it would be a good time and with any luck it could become an anual event.
Thanks
Kevin

Re: Spring Rat Ride

Cool, pack a picnic basket for the family. I've counted at least 12 members from the tristate, so let's get this thing going :wink:

It's a shame you sold the tandem,that would have been fun for you two. If we can get enough interest, I'll see if we can reserve part of the parking lot for a small bike show.

there's not a speed limit on this trail is there? if not i'll bring the rat racer. i may have to pack some charmin in my pants to go eight whole miles though.

IT'S OFFICIAL!
flyer-V3.jpg

Re: Spring Rat Ride 5-31-08

That looks cool i live just west of indianapolis google maps says 109 miles. If i'm not to burned out from the INDY 500 i will be there. How far off 74 is Harrison?

maddogrider said:
That looks cool i live just west of indianapolis google maps says 109 miles. If i'm not to burned out from the INDY 500 i will be there. How far off 74 is Harrison?

You just get off on the miamitown 128 exit and take 128 until you hit mt. hope road. Mapquest should give you decent directions, or I can find a map and post it later on this board.

I've got some family in Cincy, count on three more riders if:

1) My job doesn't transfer me to another state by then (it's in the works)
2) I can finish my 3rd rat in time. I'm slow........

It seems like there's a lot of members in Ohio, maybe this will be the start of something big!

Re: Spring Rat Ride 5-31-08 ALMOST HERE!

Here is a link to the park if anyone wants to download a map or needs directions http://www.hamiltoncountyparks.org/parks/miami.htm
We will be meeting in the parking lot closest to the main entrance, off of Mt. Hope Rd. I will be there early to try and save an area in the grass to set up evryones bikes so we can hang out before the ride. If you have any questions e-mail me at [email protected]. Hope to see you there. :D

Does the highway 74 overpass being closed effect how to get there? (from the wreck yesterday)

I just heard today that 74 is open both ways now, 275 is still closed out by harrison. You should have no problem coming down 71 to 275 to 74 and getting off on the miamitown st. rt. 128 exit. I'll check into it later in the week and post detour directions if need be.

I'm really gettin' stoked about this ride! If I can, I'll be there. It's a long haul from mid-Michigan though... :(

Should we bring any bikes or parts for a psuedo swap meet? Or do you want to keep this strictly a fun ride and get together?

If you have a few things you might as well throw them in your truck & you can let people know what you've got. I doubt that the park will let us set parts out. I might bring a few things & keep them in my truck.

Back