Spyder Monkey

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LukeTheJoker said:
Looking good Freddy! Love the springer look!

Been thinking on the ape hangers for my "Muscle Bike Build Off" bike, mind if I do something similar to your idea? Not exactly the same, I intend to weld a mount to the forks at the crown for the base of the bars and have a crossbar part way up the bars that will attach to the stem in the normal way, should give me a cool look but still avoid excess flex.

Luke.

go for it. :D

Well in answer to your questions, a picture speaks a thousand words... Here is 2000 words! :wink:

P2208772 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

P2208771 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

Not as neat as your idea but I was worried about excessive flex from the bars being so long, this way means they are really strong and stiff... Plus the area between the two mounts is looking good for headlights... 8)

Thanks again for the idea Freddy!

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
Well in answer to your questions, a picture speaks a thousand words... Here is 2000 words! :wink:

P2208772 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

P2208771 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

Not as neat as your idea but I was worried about excessive flex from the bars being so long, this way means they are really strong and stiff... Plus the area between the two mounts is looking good for headlights... 8)

Thanks again for the idea Freddy!

Luke.

I think this need rake fork.

What do you mean by "I think this need rake fork."? Do you want more rake or less? I think your bike is looking cool with what you have... 8)

Would it be possible to bend or cut and weld your forks to give you the rake you want?

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
What do you mean by "I think this need rake fork."? Do you want more rake or less? I think your bike is looking cool with what you have... 8)

Would it be possible to bend or cut and weld your forks to give you the rake you want?

Luke.

What I mean is your eliminator/rail need longer bend rake fork to make it look right. But thats just my opinion. If you like it then its good. I think it would look cool with 27'' fork or rail chopper fork.

All good, sorry for the misunderstanding...
My orginal plan was longer top fuel style forks, but when I mocked it up I just didnt think it flowed with the rest of the bike, so went to these forks.

Looking forward to your next build update Freddy! :D

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
All good, sorry for the misunderstanding...
My orginal plan was longer top fuel style forks, but when I mocked it up I just didnt think it flowed with the rest of the bike, so went to these forks.

Looking forward to your next build update Freddy! :D

Luke.

Cool. I'm trying think something I can do for free. I will get back on this build when I get my feet back on the ground.

vintagebuilt said:
freddyfingaz said:
If this question is for Luke. You can ask him at this thread

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=68143&start=210

Because Spyder monkey thread is belong to me. Hehehe

You! Last I see you have a black banana seat - is that the one you're gonna use?

Not Sure yet. Most likely yes. If I have a chance to find longer banana seat. I will use that.

Finally back on spyder monkey. 20" on front look okay just not wow enough. I decided to try copy someone idea on rear drum brake on front. Sort of like a ghetto sting ray. Lol. My last fork 3/4 chromed 27" fork had french thread that I couldn't find hardwares for it but I found other fully chrome fork that works but doesn't have rake angle I wanted but will use this for now.

1365454419_zps5cffd33e.jpg

1365456999_zps63cb5dbb.jpg

that fork looks great ! maybe just adding thrusrods would compliment the front a little more?
(edit) just realized the double rear brakes :shock: ...awesome 8)

OneHorsePower said:
that fork looks great ! maybe just adding thrusrods would compliment the front a little more?
(edit) just realized the double rear brakes :shock: ...awesome 8)

Thanks guys. Hummm that would be interesting to see. :D

Great to see dat monkey again!!!!!

Stance looks great like it is, but if you want rake, why don't you cut the forks off of the first fork and extend the new fork by sliding the legs into the old forks?

Back