Spyder Monkey

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MplsCoaster said:
I'm liking that fork on the Buzz Bike. Is that a 24"/20" combo?
Can't wait to see how you sort out the Spider Monkey handlebar mount

It's 20/20 with 27" fork. This buzz is reason why I started on bike thing. I love that bike.

I believe I can solve flexing handle bar issues by replace it with real motorcycle ape hanger. I think they are thicker gauge tubes. But I don't know if it will fit stem tho.

freddyfingaz said:
I believe I can solve flexing handle bar issues by replace it with real motorcycle ape hanger. I think they are thicker gauge tubes. But I don't know if it will fit stem tho.

Try filling the apes with fine sand or mortar mix.

kingfish254 said:
freddyfingaz said:

Try filling the apes with fine sand or mortar mix.

It sound good idea. I have ton of bags mix

Of course it might make the front too heavy to pop a wheelie!! :shock:

kingfish254 said:
Of course it might make the front too heavy to pop a wheelie!! :shock:

7/8x60"ish of cement doesn't sound much but yea concerned.. a dude suggested epoxies polisulfide but I think he mispelt it cuz I can't find it. He said it's light and strong as steel. :?:

Last night, I finished cables, chain, brake and I couldn't resist to ride it today. I grabbed temporary seat and rode her all day today. It rides pretty good. Only complain I have is flex handle bar and seat being too close to handle bar and shifter. My new seat is coming and I'll order laid back post to move seat back. So excited, I can't wait for warm season to paint it.

Im still wait for my friend finish design stickers for chain cover and shifter housing.

1353286472.jpg

I went back and forth about suggesting this, but you could add a support that runs from the top nut of the fork to each arm of the handlebars. It would make the handlebars into kind of a triple tree setup. Reason I hated to say anything is I like how the bike looks now.

Great work and good luck, Rg

Maybe get a couple of MTB bar extensions and mount them on the bars so that they curve in towards the top of the headtube. Then rig up some way for them to bolt to a head top plate.

Thanks. That dude seems really believe what I need is epoxies polisulfide composite to solve flex issues. He said bring handle bar to me and I will fix it. I dunno if I should.

Other day I was trying find acorn nuts for rear wheel. I think it's odd thread size because it doesn't fit most hardware stores bolts. I'm guessing it's 3/8-28. Am I correct? Where can I find acorn nuts for rear wheel?

Any update on this funky munky?

Still waiting for my friend finish my stickers on guard and shifter housing. Still looking for chrome 27" fork without welded c sleeve and warm weather to paint. But I have a idea to stop flexing handle bar. I'm looking for special type of clamps that can clamps two bars together that is adjustable degree. Same as ur idea but I'm using 1/2 stainless steel tube rod and V mount clamp each side.

And looking for longer banana seat and tall sissy bar. The banana that used to be on this bike doesnt look right because the sissy bar doesnt stand straight up.

I am diggin the logo!
Maybe even one with the monkey head and spider body, but no SM.

kingfish254 said:
I am diggin the logo!

You are reading my mind. I'm hoping he can do 70's hippie font style that fully spelling Spyder Monkey. Maybe 24'' spyder monkey 5S

freddyfingaz said:
kingfish254 said:
I am diggin the logo!

You are reading my mind. I'm hoping he can do 70's hippie font style that fully spelling Spyder Monkey. Maybe 24'' spyder monkey 5S

Just make sure he knows that it's Spyder not Spider

Back