UNLIMITED Stacey’s Mom aka the Tall-Goose

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought about a pair of something like this and an air tank? 🤔

Baomain Pneumatic Air Cylinder SC 32 x 500 PT 1/8, Bore: 1 1/4 inch, Stroke: 20 inch, Screwed Piston Rod Dual Action 1 Mpa https://a.co/d/83oGnaE
I hadn’t considered an air version but I did look at an electric version. The problem for me was that it seemed like it would take half a minute to go up or down. I bet that air cylinder would be really quick. Maybe too quick. 😄😎

I got some lower poundage struts, 100lb vs the 120lb I had on there, and still not able to compress them all the way down to chopper mode. I searched for how to make an adjustable rocker mount but google only turned up hot rod engine rockers. Very cool, but not what I need here. Can any of you engineering oriented guys point me in the right direction? I'd really like it to function as intended.

I wonder how the bike would react (extension, compression, ability to remain fully extended) with only 1 cylinder?

First off, what a grand success to ride it around without needing the safety gear. This looks so fun.
It's my guess that the problem has more to do with geometry than the cylinder rating. Almost like the current extended triangle is like a hyperextended knee and it just cant budge to grt back to and angle that it can compress.

Riding it in the up position looks like you are riding a Penny farthington with a small wheel on the front.
It kind of does doesn’t it? 😆
I wonder how the bike would react (extension, compression, ability to remain fully extended) with only 1 cylinder?
I might test that. In the long run I’m concerned it might twist the swing arm.
First off, what a grand success to ride it around without needing the safety gear. This looks so fun.
It's my guess that the problem has more to do with geometry than the cylinder rating. Almost like the current extended triangle is like a hyperextended knee and it just cant budge to grt back to and angle that it can compress.
I think you’re right about the geometry. I can get it to compress around 6” or thereabouts but it just pops back up. I might try a higher mounting point in the rear to change the angle and see if that might help.

And it really is a blast to ride. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in building one.

I noticed you didn't appear to have any climbing standoff at all. Are the pedals low enough to be able to climb up or climb down as you are starting off or stopping?

I noticed you didn't appear to have any climbing standoff at all. Are the pedals low enough to be able to climb up or climb down as you are starting off or stopping?
I can climb up using just the pedal using the wall to balance but I haven’t tried a rolling mount yet. I think I can do it with just the pedal but may add a BMX peg or something if I need it.

Back