UNLIMITED Stacey’s Mom aka the Tall-Goose

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imagine if the rear tire popped while you were riding and the force helped
get the frame down into chopper mode? The rocker design is more reliable
once the angles are figured and set. Loving it.
Haha! That would be exiting. Almost an impromptu version of air bags.

The rocker design is a good idea. I just have no idea how to figure out what the correct geometry should be. It's all trial and error until I stumble onto something that works.

They don’t gave to be some fancy shape. I just drew the classic rocker shape.

They can just be rectangles with rounded corners.

They can have extra holes for adjustment.

In case you get the length wrong.

I cannot guarantee this will work but you still have a couple days to try it out.

They don’t gave to be some fancy shape. I just drew the classic rocker shape.

They can just be rectangles with rounded corners.

They can have extra holes for adjustment.

In case you get the length wrong.

I cannot guarantee this will work but you still have a couple days to try it out.
I will try it out but it will be after the build off ends. I have to work the next few days so no more time to build, just trying to take some interesting pics.

The other thing I want to do is figure out a latch or something to keep the bike in the chopper position for easier on and off maneuvers. I overbalanced trying to get on earlier today and the bike slammed the ground so hard it knocked the handlebars out of the stem clamp! Never had that happen before.

More looking for usable pics. I don’t know if it’s going to happen with this one. It’s too big to fit in the truck and I’m not confident enough to ride it anywhere. These are what I have for now. It’s hard to get the light right and the background is too busy but I’ll keep trying.
IMG_1519.jpeg
IMG_1520.jpeg
IMG_1522.jpeg
IMG_1523.jpeg
IMG_1524.jpeg
IMG_1525.jpeg

I like this one. I think one problem to look out for with pics of this bike (as far as the voting pic goes), is to try to keep the photo from being too tall. Otherwise, as people scroll down through the bikes, they can't see your bike in one screen. The overhead photos are cool, but you lose a little perspective of how tall this cool bike is.

1722135481486.png

I like this one. I think one problem to look out for with pics of this bike (as far as the voting pic goes), is to try to keep the photo from being too tall. Otherwise, as people scroll down through the bikes, they can't see your bike in one screen. The overhead photos are cool, but you lose a little perspective of how tall this cool bike is.

View attachment 275112

Thanks for the input. I didn't think of the pics being too tall but it seems obvious now that you mention it. I'll keep the camera in landscape orientation. The overhead pics were just for fun. I think it's a neat perspective but you're right that the scale of the bike gets lost in that angle.

Thanks for the input. I didn't think of the pics being too tall but it seems obvious now that you mention it. I'll keep the camera in landscape orientation. The overhead pics were just for fun. I think it's a neat perspective but you're right that the scale of the bike gets lost in that angle.

Yeah, a big part about this bike is perspective. Keep that in mind with the background. It's cool to have stuff in the background that people can see the relative size of the bike compared to what's around it.

More looking for usable pics. I don’t know if it’s going to happen with this one. It’s too big to fit in the truck and I’m not confident enough to ride it anywhere. These are what I have for now. It’s hard to get the light right and the background is too busy but I’ll keep trying.
View attachment 275106View attachment 275107View attachment 275108View attachment 275109View attachment 275110View attachment 275111

This one is GREAT! Full on 'giraffe mode'

Screenshot_20240728-005133_Samsung Internet.jpg

Back