STAMPED METAL LICENSE PLATE QUESTION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have you ever thought of laser cutting or water jet cutting them? you can cut a solid one with just the shape and then another one with the design cut on top, then stack it together to get the look your after? just throwing a option out there, it would be way cheaper!

Steve you might want to contact Alexander or Brad at KICKSTAND Mag they have the http://www.denvercruisers.com plates
made up each year they are the larger size but may make them smaller. They are always pretty cool looking.

Do we have any members in jail? :lol: just kidding. maybe see who does trophys for car shows or kids sports. they always do small runs of plaques. just a thought.

I wants one! Think I'd have to put a magnet on mine though, like a car dealer's plate! I don't think i could afford 150ish plates! :lol: -Adam

Rustinkerer said:
I wants one! Think I'd have to put a magnet on mine though, like a car dealer's plate! I don't think i could afford 150ish plates! :lol: -Adam

I'd think magnets wouldn't be strong enough to hold it over bumps. I'd say just a bag of nylon zip ties. and some wire cutters.

have you asked the Jones and Son Guys if they could tackle something like that ?

stamped would be really cool, but looks wise i think something that was etched would look just as cool. i kinda dig the vertical style that used ot get tacked on to the rear fenders myself, but beggars cant be choosers :mrgreen:

The place I am getting a quote from has a minimum order of 250.

I'm not sure if Jones & Son could deal with that kind of quantity and at the price I'd be getting too.

I'm also looking to capture that same old bicycle license tag feel from the 60s. :wink:

I know you probably don't know yet, but how much do you think each one will cost :?
Nick 8)

Rat Rod said:
I was kind of shootin' for the style that they used to use in the 60s.

I figured with a smaller plate you'd have more mounting options.

So almost more of an ID tag than a automotive or motorcycle style plate.

DSC_0006-3.jpg

i like that style, i'd put it on my bikes!

Yall crack me up....I emailed the lady late Friday afternoon...I hoping to hear something in a day or so. :lol:

The custom sized plate may be way too costly to create.

Back