Stingray(?)- More chrome than a '53 Buick

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I originally saw this bike at the first Midwest Bicycle Swap two and a half years ago when it was purchased and wisked away to a neighboring town about 40 miles south. The guy who bought it called me a couple weeks later to see if I would buy it for what he paid, I wasn't interested in it at half what he paid so I passed.

Fast forward two years- I get word through the grapevine at work that one of the supervisors just bought an old Stingray. I head out to find him and talk a little shop. He starts describing his bike and I recognize it just from the description. He had gotten it at a garage sale for half what it had sold for at the swap meet.

Fast forward to last week- Supervisor comes up to me and tells me I need to buy the bike because it is just gathering dust in his garage. I tell him I would think about it and get back with him. After careful consideration I decided to take a page from the book of Frank Fritz and do a bundle deal since I knew he had some new Chevy truck doors I needed for my project truck. I offered to buy the bike for what he paid if the would throw the doors in as well. He took the deal without even bickering with me on the price. I drove out this morning and collected my new doors and the bike. While I know it probably isn't a genuine Stingray it is cool. As soon as my 12 year old daughter saw it she laid claim to it so there went my plans for parting it out. Sorry fellas. :(

IMAG1264.jpg

IMAG1265.jpg

Genuine Stik-Shift
IMAG1266.jpg

Repop(?) Stingray Slick
IMAG1267.jpg

Dual Bullet tail lights
IMAG1268.jpg

Stingray Speedo
IMAG1269.jpg

Dual mirrors and Western Flyer glitter grips that match the seat.
IMAG1270.jpg

just from were the tubes meet the steering tube I would guess the frame came from a lowrider site or maybe a micargi bike. What do the dropouts look like ?

That is one shiny bike !!! Glad your daughter digs it, pretty cool with all those accessories lined up on there, now get her some shades to wear when she rides it 8)

outskirtscustoms said:
With that much chrome you don't need reflectors....

That sounds familiar...... I can't put my finger on it. I've seen it somewhere before, but it was worded a little differently.... :p

Latest posts

Back