Stolen! And recovered

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My daily around town rider was parked outside my door, locked through the rear wheel when someone stole it in the middle of the day! I figured in the best case it was kids and when they got tired of dragging and carrying it they would dump it in the creek along the park at the back of the house. Worst case, someone smarter loaded it in a car and drove off with it.

IMG00210-20100528-0808.jpg

Found it along the creek bed while watching the dog. Stupid kids! Handlebars are bent beyond repair and the lock was wrapped around the rear derailluer but otherwise it was ok.

It will definitely need a little work but the good thing is that I like working on bikes.
Stupid kids!

Glad you got it back and it wasn't in any worse shape! Yeah, there are a lot of stupid kids out there, and there always seem to be more of them wherever you look anymore. Around here they like to throw the bikes in the river...

Shaggy

Well ya got it back so thats always a plus.What is wrong with kids these days????

Well, I have to remember that I've also had at least three bikes dumped in my yard for the "bike guy". So losing one isn't the end of the world. Still, why take a locked bike that you can't do anything but drag around?

Glad I got it back and that it's not too bad.

i'll tell you whats wrong with kids today, they dont get the whoopin we got when we were kids! remember, mess up once, get a whoopin. mess up twice, no thank you, i remember what happened last time! now kids have no fear, and if they do get punished, someone is always ready to turn you in for it. sorry, i'll stop now and appologize if i offended anyone. glad you got your ride back.

Wasn't always the switch, but always a consequence. :| And you never knew, it just MIGHT be :x "go pick your switch". Guys I knew who weren't disciplined didn't do well later in life, if they lived. On the other hand, I knew a couple of kids who were overly "disciplined" to a point considered abuse even then, didn't do them any good either. :( Tougher than ever for those trying to successfully parent nowadays, I would imagine.

Latest posts

Back