STOPPED FOR A BIKE, LEFT WITH HOT WHEELS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Stopped by an estate sale by my office this morning to check out a couple of bikes they had.

The bikes ended up being too expensive so I decided to pass on them. On the way through the house I looked in one of the bedrooms and they had these in a bag.

Not sure if they are worth that much in this condition, but I figured since they were mostly redlines I better just grab em for the price.

If any of you die cast nerds have any info...feel free to share. :lol:

_DSC0647.jpg

_DSC0648.jpg

_DSC0649.jpg

_DSC0650.jpg

_DSC0651.jpg

_DSC0658.jpg

Steve, is there something in the water in your area that's killing everybody off? Seems you have regular estate sales near your office. I'd be worried, haha.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Steve, is there something in the water in your area that's killing everybody off? Seems you have regular estate sales near your office. I'd be worried, haha.

The church I work at is in a older wealthy part of Dallas....houses been here since the 40s & 50s.

There are probably 10-15 estate sales in this area every week during the spring and summer time....and yes, 9 times out of 10 it was an elderly person's home.

Most of those cars are pretty common and in this economy, Hot wheels, among other collectibles have taken a big hit. Now, cars must be either dead mint or super rare to be worth anything serious. Average condition cars are almost given away. I think the more valuable ones here are the Maxi Taxi, Carabo, and the Mercedes C-111.

The only question is, does the purple Roger Dodger have a metal base? How many stars are on the front of the white Steam Roller? They may be worth a few bucks depending on these factors.

I'm one of the Hot Wheels designers here, I actually don't collect or know prices for really vintage ones, you might want to consider the condition and check ebay or the Toy Peddler for averages.
That Speed lunchbox rock though, nice finds.

Holy cow! :shock:

That's a MEGA SCORE! :mrgreen: I'm not sure on value. I collect cars because I enjoy them :wink: I seen some for sale at my local diecast meeting for $6-$8 a piece though :D

What's this "diecast nerd" thing :|

Oh wait...I guess your right :lol: This is me when I won a case of 70 Hot Wheels at my local diecast meeting :wink:
May12meeting005.jpg

Very cool Hot Wheels! I remember some of them. Thanks for posting the close up shots :D

The "Little Guy" (Mag Ray owner)came over last week
So I let him check out one of my boxes, He went kinda wild.
Told him he had to put them all back in so he could go through the other box next time :lol:
So he did, when he was done, surprising what motivates some people :lol:
IMG_6237II.jpg

I think I still have a box of hot wheels from the 90's and early 2000's I'd love to trade for something. Most are still in their packaging I think.

I've had those lunch boxes since the 90s. Started collecting and managed to get five of them and then gave up.

I have an absolute ton of late 80s and early 90s Hot Wheels and Mathcbox cars in the original package still up in my attic. My Grandfather had a bit of a shopping issue and he bought these things every time he went to the store...which was several times a week. :shock:

We'd come over to visit and he'd hand me several paper grocery bags full of Hot Wheels and say, here...take em, I'm running out of room. :lol:

I just stuck the boxes of them up in the attic not sure what to do with them all. :shock:

I started giving them to the kids as rewards. They grew out of that pretty quickly. Now they want to work on bikes with dad so I guess I can't complain.

If anyone by chance has an extra RRB shirt they want to trade for a box of hot wheels, lemme know!

I usually give mine to kids when they come over, as far as value most of the ones you have are well played with but , the sizzlers are neet and the maxi taxi is probably worth a bit there is an online price guide http://texashwcollectors.org/hwguide.html Texas,, go figure lol

Latest posts

Back