straightneing a wheel

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so the front wheel on my wifes bike is a little warped. not horribly but just a little. i told her we can just buy a new wheel at a swap or somethin or find a donor wheel to use and she says " the whole point of you rebuilding my moms bike for me is to try and keep it as original as possible right? " so is there anyway to get the wheel back straight? thanks in advance!!!

Easy E

what do you mean by warped? Is it out of true or does the rim have curb dents etc.
If it is just out of true but a cheapo universla spoke wrench at your LBS and true it up. Otherwise you may have to get creative with a big hammer :mrgreen:

it looks to be warped as in not fixable with a spoke wrench. good thing a gotta big hammer. anybody else got any ideas?

post a picture of it(from the top or bottom with a straight edge next to it so we can get a better idea of what your dealing with)....thatll get you the best answers :wink:

Smack it on the ground. Just make sure you pound it somewhere that isn't rough and won't chip the rim.
Torqueing it in a drawer works for some, but I know nothing of that.

Back