sup from Hialeah, la sudad que progressa!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everyone,

i think i have gone through almost every single post on this site and love whats going on here. i lean more towards kustoms and old VWs but enjoy a bike now and again. currently have 3 bikes + 1 project and a few old cars. well, look forward to posting my project in the next 2 weeks or so as soon as i finish gathering enough parts, and getting feedback from all of you.

great site,
Yaril from Hialeah (its next to Miami)

here are some pics of my current bikes...

this is my Schwinn. its og white paint, i removed the pink and blue "Cruiser , Schwinn" graphics and chain guard, flipped the spring on the springer for that rigid rake, bobbed the rear fender, painted the wheels black, added Union lights w/ a Schwinn generator, covered the seat with real brown leather and installed a repop stainless steel tank. 8 ball valve covers on this one.

DSCF0468Medium.jpg

my girlfriends bike i built her is an AMF Roadmaster, found it at a car show. i tore it down and repainted it. gray frame and the tank, rear tray and chain guard are all Green w/ Gold Flake w/ white pin-stripping. the grips are NOS hunters or something like that, they match the green flake. didn't re chrome anything just cleaned it up and clear coated to preserve the patina. finished of with some green flake dice air valve covers not shown on this pic. i built this for her Christmas present back in '05, those are her favorite colors.

DSCF3242Medium.jpg

finally is my bobbo Mongoose from Wal-mart. this thing was nasty "aluminum into red" fade paint with a million stickers. tore it down, painted it semi-gloss black and it rolls on better tires and a more comfy seat. i use this bike to commute when i dont feel like riding the Schwinn. ive had this bike since about '02. not all the gears work properly anymore but it gets the job done. as soon as i find the right color i will pin-stripe some scallops in a bronze to match the wheel lip insides which are too dark to notice in this pic.

DSCF0470Medium.jpg

ps. i just got another frame for my project, that makes 3 frames so far for 1 bike. ill post a thread when that gets started.

Awesome, welcome to the best website on the internet. You can receive numerous amounts of advice here. Good look on the project. 8) Hope to hear and see more of it!!!

WELCOME!

welcome aboard. use do bmx down there in the late 70"s with my kids.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Welcome. Enojoy the site, post pics.....

thanks for the welcome everyone!

CCR said:
hey there !! good to have ya and enjoy your stay, wouldnt be a fight club fan by chance? :mrgreen:

thats my split personality that goes on-line :lol:

Bunbury said:
Welcome aboard! I've found a few bikes in the thrift stores on 9th st. Hialeah is good bike hunting territory...

i live barely 1 mile from that thrift store! definitely good bike hunting area.

Gold Street Customs said:
I am liking that Schwinn I like what you did with the springer, and welcome.

best thing is that its only 1 bolt to reverse the process and have a comfy ride.

rather than posting a new thread i thought id ask here...

i am trying to ID 2 of my bikes...

the AMF Roadmaster: L301195

&

the white Schwinn (Chicago built): 6605442

if anyone can please let me know what year these were produced in or any info would be great! thanks!!!

Back