Swingbike seatpost

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I've recently bought an original Swingbike and it's in so-so shape. Worse, the original seat post is missing. I haven't had any luck finding one, so I'm considering having one made.

If somebody could give me accurate measurements along with some photos of the original, that'd be awesome. I work in the bike industry and if there's interest it's probably possible to have a small batch produced. I can't be the only one missing the post...

Thanks!
Rik

I had to make one out of a handlebar stem and two small pieces of angle iron from a bed frame. i need to dig around and see if i can find the pics

The square tube is 1". Measures 4 1/2" from end of tube to weld on post. Post is 3/4" diameter. The square tube has been notched out semi-circle where it meets the post. And it joins at an angle slightly greater than 90 degrees (I can get out the protractor if this is helping you).

swing1.jpg

swing2.jpg

Thanks a lot meeba and for the information and photos 8ball!

I'm still missing a bunch of measurements, but it's a start. All between brackets are guesses. I'm not familiar with US tubing so things may be off.

swingbike_seatpost.jpg

PDF file

I may be going into a bit too much detail here, but I figure there are probably more people interested in a new post for their Swingbike and we might as well do it proper...
If someone would be able to check their post and correct the drawing, that'd be brilliant. A photo of the expander bolt with a ruler next to it would also work.

Again, muchos gracias! :D

Latest posts

Back