Swingrat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it, its the most unusual looking thing! im hanging out for a ride vid. that paint turned out awesome!
Thanks! I'll get a ride in swing mode soon I hope.
I added a spacer and checked it, now the pedals have good clearance and it steers like a standard bike. I'd rather have a longer spring and I'll be on the lookout for one. This works fine though. The front wheel was 2" off the ground on the kickstand before, now it's on the ground.
30 Jun 23 spacer.jpg

30 Jun 23 kickstand.jpg

Man, I'm glad you were able to salvage the build after all that work. Such a cool bike! Looks like fun to ride and I love that paint!!
Agreed. Very happy you gave it another shot @Wildcat . The new paint choice took it up a level as well (design wise). 👍

It does appear to have enormous amounts of negative trail. I can only imagine how that would affect the swing bike steering. :0

Since the handlebars are so large, and they are not chromed, I would give them the same splatter paint job as the rest of the bike. Right now they kind of make it dull, but with more splatter paint it would gleam.

It does appear to have enormous amounts of negative trail. I can only imagine how that would affect the swing bike steering. :0

Since the handlebars are so large, and they are not chromed, I would give them the same splatter paint job as the rest of the bike. Right now they kind of make it dull, but with more splatter paint it would gleam.
After extending the spring it has less negative trail but still has some.
I've got nothing better to do until Saturday when I test the bike, and since the bars already have black as a base coat, I'll do it! The stem too. :113:

A couple of ride vids. This area is where a lot of riders congregate in the morning. They were curious about this bike
It rode well but I have a back disability so swing mode was a little too much, but it works. It had a little swing action even with the pin in.
I have the brake a little too tight it scrapes a little. A couple adjustments and it will be finished.
08 Jul 23 4.jpg

Well done. I just caught up with your build. Great problem solving and creativity. Looks like a heap of fun to ride.

A couple of ride vids. This area is where a lot of riders congregate in the morning. They were curious about this bike
It rode well but I have a back disability so swing mode was a little too much, but it works. It had a little swing action even with the pin in.
I have the brake a little too tight it scrapes a little. A couple adjustments and it will be finished.
View attachment 240048
View attachment 240046
View attachment 240047
The bike seems to handle pretty well in swing mode. Just carry on trying. My first (undocumented) attempts on riding mine looked very similar... 😂

WC, kudos on the turn around on getting this build solved! And ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ for effort on the swing ride ~!

You certainly attracted a lot of attention. Love to see our builds in action!

Latest posts

Back