Tattoos

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... You just gave me an Idea.. :) Thanks hutch. Now to draw it out.

Just got my right ditch done. Its a tribute to my grandparents. The picture reminds me of spending summers on the lake at the house my Grandpop built when he got out of the Navy. He was a heck of a guy.
DSCN0234.jpg

That one went quick, so I got a couple others done too. Gotta love Sailor Jerry books for quick ideas.
"SALTY" on my right wrist, because I've got a reputation as being a pretty cranky guy.
DSCN0235.jpg

And a couple of SJs little animal designs just cause they make me laugh.
DSCN0237.jpg

DSCN0240.jpg

johnny nightwolf said:
Just got my right ditch done. Its a tribute to my grandparents. The picture reminds me of spending summers on the lake at the house my Grandpop built when he got out of the Navy. He was a heck of a guy.
DSCN0234.jpg

That one went quick, so I got a couple others done too. Gotta love Sailor Jerry books for quick ideas.
"SALTY" on my right wrist, because I've got a reputation as being a pretty cranky guy.
DSCN0235.jpg

And a couple of SJs little animal designs just cause they make me laugh.
DSCN0237.jpg

DSCN0240.jpg

Sailor Jerry books always make me want to get more and more tattoos.
The little fishy is awesome!!!

Sailor Jerry rules
I know an older gentleman that was tattooed by Sailor Jerry and Pinky Yun both while he was in the Navy during the Korean War!
I had planned to go to Chicago and get tattooed by Rollo a couple years ago and I waited too long as he passed away
I have an appointment the 30th to get my knuckles done :) funny how I remember getting the first tattoo that showed up with short sleeves and now I plan on getting one that I can rarely hide!

I don't have many pics of mine but here's a few,

l_f1abc1b0f73a48be0ee5768408f6c7d5.jpg

First sitting on the back of my head, taken at Club Fred in Fresno after a wanders car show.

l_47b13837cadf22129bb41ce1e3c27a53.jpg

Me and my Fiance, closest pic i could find of my throat.

piratetits.jpg

This is one of the first tattoos I did while i was apprenticing, Did it on my left knee.

Those are the only pics I could find.

@CCC & Hooch: Thanks guys! I also remember that moment. The big one for me though was getting tattoos on my wrists that I can't cover even with a long sleeve shirt! At that point, there was really no going back. Still waiting to really go down onto my hands until I own my own business down the line. Sort of a present to myself. We'll see though. I may run out of space before then! Hooch: I met Philadelphia Eddie's wife this summer in a little deli by me. He was visiting one of the local tattoo shops for a day, and she told me to go by. Unfortunately, I was going in to work, and didn't get to meet the man. She was awesome, though. At 50 years old, she had no tattoos, and by her mid 50s, she was covered! Awesome.

johnny nightwolf said:
@CCC & Hooch: Thanks guys! I also remember that moment. The big one for me though was getting tattoos on my wrists that I can't cover even with a long sleeve shirt! At that point, there was really no going back. Still waiting to really go down onto my hands until I own my own business down the line. Sort of a present to myself. We'll see though. I may run out of space before then! Hooch: I met Philadelphia Eddie's wife this summer in a little deli by me. He was visiting one of the local tattoo shops for a day, and she told me to go by. Unfortunately, I was going in to work, and didn't get to meet the man. She was awesome, though. At 50 years old, she had no tattoos, and by her mid 50s, she was covered! Awesome.

I'm waiting to get my chest done... Just one of those things about being a girl still trying to find herself a career, I can't start going quite crazy until I do.
I am going to get my Friday the 13th tattoo though, thinking about the inside of my pointer/middle finger, we'll see though.

And the ink keeps getting better. Next to the vintage bike photos this is my favorite bost.

Hooch,
Did you mention a convention in La Crosse this month? I will ask Eddie B at Point Blank as well. He always goes to those conventions.

johnny nightwolf said:
Dude, that looks great! Have fun healing up your knuckles in the middle of winter though... :shock:

I already found out you cant dig in your pocket for change! doh!
my girlfriend was all for me getting my knuckles tattooed then my buddy who tattooed me told me not to wash dishes for 2 months she wasn't so happy!
I didnt tell her I can wear gloves yet lol

i really want to get my knuckles done but the wife isn't to keen on the idea and i am not to sure if my work would be either...
great tat how did it feel???

Von Stans said:
i really want to get my knuckles done but the wife isn't to keen on the idea and i am not to sure if my work would be either...
great tat how did it feel???

actually I was surprised it wasn't bad at all
as I have grown older they always seem to hurt more and the artist said this was really going to hurt and I would consider it one of the lesser hurting tattoos I have had. I figured the pinkie would hurt the most but it was the index fingers
and I wouldn't recommend hand tattoos for ANYONE you have to be pretty secure in your career and your world as there right out there and pretty impossible to cover

Back