THANKS FOR THE ATTITUDE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
And when I say that, I mean the POSITIVE attitude!!! :D

I've posted my Timberline a couple of well known forums this weekend and I've got to say, it's a harsh world out there...ha ha.

It just makes me really appreciate the great vibe that we have going on here and the lack of ego and elitism.

Even when people have done things to their bike that you may not care for or would have done differently, nine times out ten folks here still manage to find something to compliment them on.

So...thanks a bunch for making this place fun!

The speed of the team comes from the speed of the leader. This forum is what it is because you and the other moderators have policed it properly and quickly responded and corrected any "attitude" issues.

I for one can tell you it's easy to comply with the "attitude" of this forum because of that. I'm sure many other members feel the same way. It's always positive around here whether we like something or someone's bike or not.....its a glass half full vs. a glass half empty.

I have stopped my participation in a few other forums because of the holier than thou attitude I've gotten, the unconstructive critisism, and some people just being plain old rude.

There never seems to be any of that around here, and when it has tried to rear its ugly head I personally know you have taken care of it.

I've said it before, I'll say it again......this is the best darn bike forum/site on the net, hands down.

Thank you Steve. :D

I second that motion! no snipping or snipeing.

it seams that all has been said this is the best forum in the net and that's all :!:
i do agree the guy's in this forum do know how to respect , thank you all and let's keep the good job going :wink:

RZ94 said:
...I for one can tell you it's easy to comply with the "attitude" of this forum because of that. I'm sure many other members feel the same way. It's always positive around here whether we like something or someone's bike or not.....its a glass half full vs. a glass half empty....

Couldn't of said it any better myself. :)

Thanks guys...really though, I point my finger back at the members for the way things run. :wink:

Sometimes I wonder if it's the style of bike that makes the difference.

Seems like the bikes that have a competitive nature about them attract a crowd that's a bit more on the cocky side.

I think the bikes on this site lend themselves to more laid back way of doing things...and I ain't just talking about seat posts. :lol:

I like checking out this forum, and usually do that a couple of times a day. Its a good place to get to find some inspiration and see some really cool rides. I agree with the idea about the more competitive style bikes have more of an attitude, everyone always thinking their bike is better than the next. I don't care about that stuff....I just want to see some nice looking, easy riding, bikes. Maybe its just me, but I think that the faster one rides, the less time one has to enjoy the ride...

Shaggy

Apart from Steve who set the tone from the beginning on this great place, I must also mention that the core members that were here when I joined were already a great bunch of guys with ego at the bottom of the list. We have since then always put sharing great ideas at the forefront, inspire and encourage each other to make our hobby move forward above everything else. I am confident that this will remain as long as the forum is here.

Ride on! :D

positive vibes come from positive people 8)

I've met some really great people on this site, and it's changed my life forever

this is a great place you provide for us! :mrgreen: THANK YOU! :mrgreen:

thanks for a great site....the only thing im kinda confused about is the fact that everytime im on here i notice theres about 2-5 hidden users........but to each their own :?

thanks for this forum!!!
i'm still a newbee, with lots of question thats been discussed before, but i don't receive any newbee killer comment. all i get are straight answer and nice recomendation. thank you!!!
i love it here!!!

Having been on other forums i have to say that there is a great vibe here. I have quit frequenting other forums because if any question is asked 5 or 6 people will just say "search" sometimes with a bit harsher way, but here people will give general info with a link. thumbs up to all.

Rat Rod said:
Thanks guys...really though, I point my finger back at the members for the way things run. :wink:

Sometimes I wonder if it's the style of bike that makes the difference.

Seems like the bikes that have a competitive nature about them attract a crowd that's a bit more on the cocky side.

I think the bikes on this site lend themselves to more laid back way of doing things...and I ain't just talking about seat posts. :lol:

+1

thanks Steve it is a awesome place!

even if i can't say.... lol

i cooked a batch of cookies, praise ....., if your not saved you will go to heck, :mrgreen: :roll:

The fact that it has to be child friendly, no swearing or cursing, makes it one of the most mature site on the NET. People are polite, civilised. And it makes it easy for us foreigners to understand what someone is saying, without having to filter/translate all the @@@@ and %%%%s.
And the warm welcome I got on my intro, even if I don't own a custom bike or a cruiser.
Yeah, Thanks.

Why I enjoy Rat Rod:

I have put thought into why this place is so cool. I think it is the passion. There are dudes on here who can work magic with their imagination and a torch build a masterpiece to sell or to show. There are others dudes who can find an abandoned Kmart special out in the vacant lot, put air in the tires, possibly bob the rear fender so it doesn't rub the tire anymore, and have a blast riding it around the neighborhood, or giving it to the kid down the street. Then, there is everyone else in between. The thing I think is so cool is that no matter what thread I am reading, there seems to be that underlying passion for what the person is writing about. To me that is what makes this site and the people who post threads here so fun.

Sometimes I post my mountain bike projects on here. Even though they may not be top shelf, or have anything to do with the Rat theme, I always recieve nice positive motivating responses. Keeps me coming back for more.
Cheers,
T

It's nice to have a place to come to and get some real input ,yah i've met some real kookie pepole in this hobby ,but some good people aslo ,everyone here has given me nothing but insperation,thanks to everyone on this sight ! :wink:

Back