That moment when you realize...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
...that you gave the chromer the washer to the bottom bracket instead of the headset.

I was originally wanting to get the BB and the headset chromed. But to save money I decided to just polish the BB myself, and gave him the parts to the headset... which look great. But you know that washer that goes under the adjustment nut? Yeah... that's not chromed. So I'm going to have to polish the heck out of it and hope it hides well enough between the nut and the race.

And the BB will look good... right at the washer area.

ugh

I haven't done that one, but I always seem to do what Eddie said...take some parts to the plater, forget some, drop those when I pick the other ones up...then drop more I forgot when those are ready...it's an endless cycle really ha!

Or when you get your parts back from the plater and not everything you dropped off is there when you pick them up.

Hahahahaha yeah, I've had that happen too.

Not to be dismissive of all this, but it's gotta be a standard 1" keyed washer, so why not just run a brand-new, shiny keyed washer from a different headset instead? Yeah, it ain't original, but it'd be shiny and require minimal effort...

What? Far be it from me to suggest you steal a chrome one off a "complete" Schwinn, but why not steal one off a Schwinn? :crazy: I won't tell. :whistle:
:grin:

That's a good idea, but finding a shiny-new Chicago one might be hard... and if you get one off a new Schwinn, it'd probably be a YST/SunLite cheapie anyway

Back