The Amsterback

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I am inspired. You did a really nice job with the Diamondback curser. I like the old Schwinn Springer forks. I might like to add one. I need to figure out how to post photos. My photos are all too big. I guess I need to adjust the camera to email size photos? Thanks for your quick response and encouragement

thanks, it's just about ready to ride. I'm changing the crankset to a repainted one from an OCC chopper. Then it's off to the LBS for cabling the brakes and GripShift ( I suck at cabling). The truss rods are actually off an old Columbia. Due to the short headtube, I've had to get 'creative' on them. I also have a custom fabbed aluminum chainguard planned for it.

Stay tuned....
Cheers!
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
thanks, it's just about ready to ride. I'm changing the crankset to a repainted one from an OCC chopper. Then it's off to the LBS for cabling the brakes and GripShift ( I suck at cabling). The truss rods are actually off an old Columbia. Due to the short headtube, I've had to get 'creative' on them. I also have a custom fabbed aluminum chainguard planned for it.

Stay tuned....
Cheers!
Dr. T
This bike will make it to the show next month right? :D

Lookin very nice Dr T It all goes so well together.

Sweet, Dr. T!
PLEASE get better pics, though! :wink:

Re: The Amsterback - Finished...for now

Well, got 'er buttoned up for now. More picks in the gallery section.
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=36970
DSCF2537.jpg

Cheers!
Dr. T

That is one classy ride you got there! Great colours and parts, it all works together so well. :mrgreen:

If I lived closer I'd say lock your garage... :wink: :wink: But I hope you do already anyway! :D

Thanks dude! The green looks good with the brown Fat Franks, Odyssey pedals and other accents. Kinda 'earthy' looking. With the Georgia red clay we have for dirt down here, the tires blend right in!
I'm really pleased with it.
BTW, the door always locked, and I've got attack dogs too! :mrgreen: But you'd be welcome to ride it anytime..

Cheers!
Dr. T

Get some Electra decals and it will look like it's in the production line :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dr. Tankenstein said:
I've got some brown Diamondback decals, but I was thinking of having 'axsepul' make me some custom ones. Probably after I build my daughter's bike (RRB #6, maybe).

Cheers!
Dr. T
Sweet man good work...and yes RRB #6!!!!

Back