The Bluetooth Blues.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I really dont talk on the cell phone that much but some people cant live without. They just had a law go into effect in California that you have to have a handsfree device to talk on the phone while you are driving, sure it makes sense less distraction and all....but they did not say anything about texting. So that is still legal...gotta love it

Gold Street Customs said:
I really dont talk on the cell phone that much but some people cant live without. They just had a law go into effect in California that you have to have a handsfree device to talk on the phone while you are driving, sure it makes sense less distraction and all....but they did not say anything about texting. So that is still legal...gotta love it
yup! I hate those bluetooth headsets things. I am just gonna buy a stereo that has bluetooth capabilities instead of the headset.I like how talking on the phone is illegal but putting on make up,eating food, reading isn't illegal? Go figure

i wonder who pushed that law(hmmmmmmmmm maybe nextel or who ever makes em was selling enough :roll: ) :?:
i really see no difference what so ever............people are still paying more attention to the conversation that whats going on with traffic! and yeah my wife and i saw that it said nothing about texting so therell be lots of people doing that while driving :shock:

I understand the bluetooth while you are driving thing, but I really wish people would realize how stupid they look walking around with that thing stuck on their ear. How hard is it to lift a phone up to your ear to talk?

but the cops still use their radios while they drive and during those oh so fun to watch high speed chases.

I was reading and interesting article about some (obvious) differences between phone conversations while driving and a conversation with a passenger. This was an argument, that headsets - while they may help you get your hands back on the wheel - do not solve a fundamental problem. When you talk to a passenger and an "event" happens that requires a quick reaction, often the passenger reacts (gasps, yells, etc.) to the situation - in a way helping to focus you on it. A person on the other side of the phone is oblivious to the event and keeps on talking - of course, adding to the distraction...

Latest posts

Back