The Breeze

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your build is going real well. I'm not a fan of rear mounted track style dropouts. I own one bike with rear dropouts and they are a major pain when dismounting the wheel. But your bike turned out really nice. Good work.
It’s not as hard to remove a rear wheel from rear facing drops with a multi speed cassette. There are no chain tugs or centering device so the axle is as easy to remove as with forward facing drops.

I’m currently building a clone like yours. I’ve been trying to decide weather to leave the forward facing drops or replace them with track style rear fork ends. I keep vacillating between leaving the drops alone, which would be easiest, or doing another track style replacement. I did that type if replacement once and they are a lot of work. Your beautiful result is inspiring me to start working on my second one again. View attachment 219986
View attachment 219988View attachment 219989
View attachment 219990
View attachment 219991
My current Breezer 1 clone, I’ve been fussing with it for about 11 months. The laterals are made from junk bicycle chain and seat stays brazed end to end.View attachment 219992View attachment 219993

View attachment 219994
View attachment 219996
View attachment 219995
Original type TA Cyclotourist crank in the box.
View attachment 219997
The wheels using steel rims as original. Most people replaced the steel with alloy rims for better braking. Original tire pattern.View attachment 219998View attachment 219999
My first Breezer I clone. View attachment 219987
That really is nice. I like your dropout rebuild pictures. Great wheel set. Nice job!

Latest posts

Back