The CL Add showed two 20" wheels & shifter amongst some junk

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.... So I drove almost 2 hrs to git em! How'd I do? I'm guessing Iverson. Anyone know the shifter?

Iversonmags.jpg

Iversonshifter.jpg

Guy had a great story how these parts were saved. Converted his musclebike to bmx. Beat the snot out of it and it is no more. I'm thinking these may be worthy of my finding the right frame!

Glad you got those,I saw the ad but I'm currently broke,no idea what there off of but I liked the 3 speed (Sturmey Archer?),are they alloy mags?

Yep, alloy. He painted them along time ago. I gotta strip em. Anyone know what I should use so I dont stain the alloy?

Hey Jaxon, I was hoping you'd chime in. I wanted to post over musclebikes but Yuku gives my computer fits. I was able to surf there last nite, but didnt wanna freeze up tryin to post. I thought they were webco's and I was pretty sure they were worth what I paid (two digits). I tried a little oven cleaner to strip his painting, but barely touched it. U think real paint stripper ok?

I tried a little oven cleaner to strip his painting, but barely touched it. U think real paint stripper ok?[/quote]
They are made from magnesium. I am not sure what the paint stripper would do. I would have them soda blasted. That would clean them nice and be ready to repaint.

tanksalot said:
Wow I wish I found those .. NICE FIND !! Im building a dragstripper .. Id trade heavy for those if you had anything you needed in mind.. I have a ton of stuff.. :D I figure its worth asking ..

Always worth asking! I'm on the fence right now though. Should I seek an Iverson frame....???? Should I trade em......??? Should I.........

Being as he said he converted his muscle bike over to bmx and the shifter is Iverson, there is a really good chance that those are Iverson Mags. Iversons look very very similar and came out before Webco. (I'd have to do a little research but I'm pretty sure that all of the Webco mags say Webco on one of the spokes, not sure about Iverson.) Iverson mags are every bit as collectable and expensive as Webcos.
I have a Webco Monoshock that has been waiting quite a few years for a set of those mags. If those are Webcos, I'm interested and have tons of trade bait.

tanksalot said:
Im almost considering throwing this on the trade table to offer for the rims & shifter you have .I just dont know if I can bear to do it though :?
Is that rear wheel webco a 3 speed rim ?
DSC01737.jpg

Yes its a three speed. And yes I would make that trade.

By any chance are you into Balloon bikes ?? I also have this pre war Red Columbia & it would be easyer to part with only because I have other ones.. ( The fork is a little bent But I have a spare fork in the correct colors & its very straight. ( I just never felt the need to install it) I also have a really clean JC Higgins colorflow I was going to redo.. It needs the rack & a light but has a nice jeweled tank ..
0036.jpg

Anyway PM sent ...

Back