The Fake Jaguar Thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still just trimming and fitting, but I am down to the wire. I did get my wife out to help me with the trammel.

Some of my cleaned parts have started rusting again. I started to re-clean them and do some prelim painting, before I start tacking things up.

But I’m out of paint so that means I need to go to the hardware store.

No car pix today. This is my pet squirrel Charlie. He lives in my redwood tree and eats out of the bird feeder.

8150DD61-029E-4198-8FF3-695697A64B61.jpeg

5BBFD722-5E04-4EA3-86D1-6EB61311CA9E.jpeg

Still no new pix.

After some more delays, I finally got back to the chassis. I stripped the rails down for paint inside, before boxing.

There was some rust and dirt collected since I welded these, so some effort with the wire wheels was needed.

I got one side clean and painted before I gave up for the day.

Again, I used a rust converting paint.

The other rail needed some body work with big hammers and an anvil. It took some effort to get it straight enough.

So all the rails are painted inside, and when the paint cures I can assemble them.
85B7FF46-3B26-442C-95D5-3D16C89B174E.jpeg

930B0CDB-FF00-45FC-8360-4C209C7ADA44.jpeg

In the meantime I am cleaning up the pan edge again. Once it all fits I might trim off another 1/8” when I decide whether the ledger angle goes leg-up or leg-down.

Latest posts

Back