The Indecision

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I'm new to the forum, I'm now gonna start two new builds, may as well join in on the build off!
Starting point is a Giant Simple Seven of unknown age. Bought for peanuts on EBay.
The plan is strip it of all unnecessary garbage. Frame will be basically stick, with all brackets, cable eyes etc removed and the seat tube shortened. Forks will be stock chromo jobs relieved of their brake pivots and recurved to throw the wheel forward and up a little. I've darted acquiring various bits like an old B66 seat, French pedal cranks, cut down Easton EA70 bars. Finish will be faux antique bronze.
zu9esasy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First change of plan! Mock up yesterday and the bars look totally out place, way too small. Found a set of motor X fat bars so gonna try them. Should work at 31 1/2 inches wide :)

More changes of plan again hence the name change. :confused:
Shorty set back seat post coming, not now sure on bar choice 'cause the frames large and the top tubes long n low. Thinking low apes maybe? ideas welcome.

Well the bikes not progressed any other than an initial strip down n mock up, which has now been in unmocked up! So here's what it looks like ATM.
6eru8une.jpg

Bars wise,
3epa5u5y.jpg
a3ehu7y9.jpg
e8arygep.jpg

Thanks for the input OneHorsePower, did look at cross braced fat bars but they just didn't do it. If I could make/get made any bar I'd have a Jesse Rooke inspired mid rise wide ape bolted straight in through the stem centre. I have no stash of bits to raid so have to buy and there lies the root of my dilemma. Watch this space.

Has anyone got or knows where I can get a pair of longhorns cheap, understanding I'm in UK? Thanks in advance :)

Thanks Luke, only problem now is finding a 7/8th stem, can't find one anywhere over here for love nor money. Any other UK based guys on here who may be able to help?

sweet build

That's what I figured Luke, watching a few on eBay. Would have preferred a little reach though but beggars can't be choosers eh.

Latest posts

Back