The Indian....Upgraded !!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, all of you know this bike, But Ive been trying to get around and do stuff to it that I didnt have time to do during the build off. Like straighten out the seat and the liscence plate mount, so I could give you guys a decent back picture. I also wanted to fix a problem I was having with the handlebars.....The main goal behind all this was to make the bike a little more photogenic. :D

I also wanted to build my first "death brake" ...It wasnt Easy!! The brake took me 6 and a half hours, because I had to fabricate a handle, find a way to mount the brake, build a bracket so I could munt the brake, and I ran Into several problems with the bake clearing the crank and sprocket so I had to fix that ( which ment transplanting top and bottom cable guides on the brake and grinding down the brake a little). But it turned out great and I hoped you like it!!
000_0033.jpg

000_0034.jpg

000_0035.jpg

000_0036.jpg

Have you guys Ever seen one of these rims?? Its a schwinn S2. Its hub is huge!! The hub is factory pressed, I think it might have been a 2spd, but i cant see anywhere where a cable went to the hub.

Your rear hub looks like a Bendix Multispeed 2 spd manual shift. While you've got the bike up on the stand, go to the right side (as if your sitting on the bike) at the rear axel and take a small screwdriver and clean any dirt out the center of the axel and see if a flat screw slot is visable just inside of the center of the axel. While holding the bike so it won't fall, see if you can press inward on the screw. If it presses inward, hold the screw inward all the way and turn the crank and chain and notice if the rear sprocket turns the same speed as the wheel. If it does, it shifted it into high gear. You will probably notice a click as this is the planetary gear engaging the driver. When you release tension on the screw, it will shift back to low. If it doesn't do anything, the hub may be out of adjustment or the screw could be stuck to the inside of the axel. It uses a toggle that screws on the end of the axel. (Bendix part # MS47). This is what the cable connects to for shifting. Hope it works!!! Thanks!!!

Chainsaw!!!!! :p Your back!!!!!!!!! :D

Thanks for the help, but I cant find a screw on the rim....any ideas

I found the the screw!!! I think its a 2 speed manual shift like cashman said. I even got it to shift, it was pretty cool.

are these rims worth anything?

Back