@@ The K-4 @@ Update Thursday 1/5

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: @@ The K-4 @@ Update Monday 12/12

Two ductails will be unique. But I would figure out a way to just double the tips and not the whole fender.

can ya take the bottom and cut it short an weld or braze it to the top. just thinkin outloud.

Outlaw 8)

Here's the thing. When the bolts are in to mount them you won't see the bottom one. I would prefer not to hack up a whole set of fenders if somewhere down the road I need a set for another project. A stereo installer taught me a long time ago that you should minimize what you cut up of the original car because you will end up selling the car, but if you do it right you could keep the stereo for the next car you buy. We shall see how it all looks when I get it mounted.

Thanks for the ideas though! :D

Joe

Looks great Joe! The tires fit fine, huh? :? Seems like they would rub with less room. :)

I.M.H.O.The double ducktails look sweet 8) If it were mine,I'd cut to use the tips and save the rest for another build.Great idea :idea: :!: Looks cool.Great build......

Much progress made! Many different things going on. I decided I liked the blue fenders and the others had so much bondo that it wasn't worth trying to save them for anything. Cut the ducktails off and made a "Triple" out back, regular up front, except for I found a slightly curved brace in the pile and added that to the front. Triple steps were literally brought back from the dead. They were "restored" many, many years ago and they represent the last pieces of the bike they came off of to be used in a project. i have the fork, but it is a ladies headtube length and will probably never use it. Going to swith out the 3/8' cog ofr a 1/2 ND 22 tooth out back and run a standard chain. I tried all the necks I have and none looked right, so I am in search of something for it. I have two sets of bars and will decide after I find the neck.

Thanks, Joe

Mockpt41.jpg

Mockpt42.jpg

Mockpt43.jpg

Mockpt44.jpg

Mockpt45.jpg

Mockpt46.jpg

Mockpt47.jpg

Mockpt48.jpg

The sprocket is from a Hawthorne "Top Drag" 24 x 16 muscle bike. It may have been on a few more models, but that is the one I know it was on from the factory.

Danimal said:
What is the sprocket from Joe?

Lovin this build. Especially the fenders.

This build gets better and better every time I see it.Lots of sweet parts that look great together and inginuity to make a unique bike.Too cool 8) 8) Keep up the great work :!:

Back