BO15 The Kwaka

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a false start last year.....
44B089A9-5BF5-4814-8808-4359AA679B80.jpeg

This frame is going to get a chop or three and hopefully end up with 26” wheels, proper pedals and a motorcycle look

Did some measuring this arvo. Will need to extend the chain stays or dropouts as the wheel is too big. Will need around 150mm. The cranks are a bit of an afterthought on these e- scooters. The are so wide it’s not funny, could probably fit a crankset in between the bearings here. I’ll have to graft in a spare BB housing somewhere. Still need to get a good feel for where everything is going to end up.
06B5E24A-8183-48D2-A9BF-D5FA55A23BAE.jpeg

Last edited:
Huff n' Puff in the house! Welcome back.
RaT oN~!

It might do, moving the shock mounts further out might help. It’ll also have a fair bit less weight as the 6 lead acid batteries are out and will replace with lithium.

So far it’s all in my head as a bunch of problems to solve - which is or probably where the motivation went the first time around.

Man this is gonna be a wide body build.

Found a BB donor. Was kerbside pickup. I didn’t see how rusty it was until after it was home. Really only picked it up for the rim and BB. Put some measurements on the pic prior to cutting it up. See the gap between the chainstay and the seat tube, and the hole?
View attachment 120583
Never seen one go that bad before and I'm in the UK, Rust is something we are good at .

Got to choppin. The head tube was way too long for a 26” wheel fork. The rear frame is also too wide so it will be getting sectioned.
409FCB12-C9FC-4F20-9FCF-870651B5105E.jpeg

I wanted to retain the centre stand for the motorcycle look this is also where the swingarm attaches.
AA20D2EC-452A-493B-B1B3-F5CB2433AF7F.jpeg

Welded up the swing arm, getting better at welding I think, but it’ll still need plenty of grinding. Then mocked up some parts. The seat tube seems too far forward, but I don’t want to tilt it back too much and muck up the head angle. Will play with that some more.
15D97CCF-BBB0-40D5-BD36-6A81E8F57F0E.jpeg

Need lots more cutting and plenty of sparks added around the bottom bracket.
4CC1E7A6-2771-4120-BAE2-ECA145430E93.jpeg

Looking Cool!
How’s the rear wheel clearance once the shock is under conpression? Looks pretty close from the pic, but may just be POV.

Looking Cool!
How’s the rear wheel clearance once the shock is under conpression? Looks pretty close from the pic, but may just be POV.
It’s just sitting there for now, not connected or finalised. Yes, will probably need to change the shock mount as well as the wheel is a fair bit bigger than the original.

Spent some time with a measuring tape and an angle duplicator thingy (don’t know the real name) mocking up again and forgot to photo it. Got the seat and head angle more correct which lays it back a bit more. Combine that with lifting the rear frame and it closes the gap and helps the clearance issue from the rear wheel.

That is quite a transformation!

Great looking build is coming along[emoji106]. Looks like it will be quite cool [emoji41] when it's done.

I look at that saddle and it makes me hurt a little. I hope you have better luck than I with them.

Great looking build is coming along[emoji106]. Looks like it will be quite cool [emoji41] when it's done.

I look at that saddle and it makes me hurt a little. I hope you have better luck than I with them.
I haven’t used one before. What dramas have you had? It’s by to late for me to change direction with the saddle. I’ve got plenty of others available in the parts pile.

Latest posts

Back