The Little Green Monster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bunnies are getting hungry for an update!!!!!!

bunnyteeth.jpg

Aaron, those zombie bunnies are cool.
Have they awakened from the dead yet?

A little update on it....

He made the decking for it last night. He chose to use Cherry Hardwood for it. I honestly don't know what he's invisioning on it but thats what he wanted to use. I'll try to post some pics of that tonight. He's going start sanding & prepping for paint tonight. He's also been drinking a lot of water & Gatorade in all different size bottles to see whats going to fit in it or not.

Chips_Mahoy said:
A little update on it....

He made the decking for it last night. He chose to use Cherry Hardwood for it. I honestly don't know invisioning on it but its what he wanted to use. I'll try to post some pics of that tonight. He's going start sanding & prepping for paint tonight. He's also been drinking a lot of water & Gatorade in all different size bottles to see whats going to fit in it or not.

Alright Aaron!!!!
Nothng like a little R&D.
Looking forward to seeing more.

Decking is cut and sectioned so the lid will open. He's got a short piano hinge, a couple heavy duty magnetic latches to hold it while closed and some "shiny" nuts, bolts, screws etc.

433000432-vi.jpg

Now that his Stingray is done, he's focusing on this.

A small update for Aaron and TheLittle Green Monster:

He started and finished painting the main frame/tub/body part thingy thonight. Tomorrow will be the handlebars, both forks and support braces. He also got the body drilled for the hinge for the decking.

082296608-vi.jpg

43227849008-vi.jpg

Excellent paint choice!!!!!!
Sweet!!

He's into the "loud & in your face" colors this year. His Stigray and model rocket were both bright orange & white, his posterboard for his cat display was orange, and this will be the green as you see it! Maybe he doesnt feel like he's getting enough attention???...... :wink:

Aaron is trying to get the LGM finished early but time is short!! He's been scheduled for surgery on Aug 2nd so it's SERIOUS CRUNCH TIME!! I'm going to pick up his front wheel & tire right now.

Picked up the front wheel & tire yesterday. Thanks outskirts!! It's a 16" aluminum wheel and tire from a Jr. Dragster. It'll fit the theme perfectly!

TopFuelScoot002-vi.jpg

The wing struts/rods were mocked up last night. They'll be finished tonight. The front fork will be mocked tonight also. Then the final painting and assembly will begin! No pics........sorry :(

Re: The Little Green Monster I NEED YOUR INPUT!!

I'm not trying to get any sympathy by divuldging this but here's the deal.....

Aaron got almost everything ready on his LGM build. But time ran short and he has not gotten it assembled. We are currently at the Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis. Aaron is literally in the OR undergoing a minor brain surgery procedure as I type this. He will be here for the next 4-5 days. He was a little frustrated that he wasn't going to be able to finish the scooter before his surgery today. So here's my question.... Would it be okay if I finished the assembly for him while he's in the recovery area? If you say NO I will understand and won't throw a fit about it. If you say yes I would be more appreciative than you will ever know! Like I said before, I'm not telling you this for pity points or votes. I'm asking so his scooter can be counted as an entry in the BO and so I can surprise him wih that news when he comes home. I'll build it regardless. But to have it as an entry would make him a happy boy.

You know you have my support for this! Go ahead and build it with his vision in mind. I can't imagine anyone raising a stink about it or having it DQ'ed. We all know that Aaron has the skill based on his 4-H Sting Ray build.

From what I have seen, you have a great kid there. Tell him that kingfish hopes he gets better soon, so he can start dreaming up his next build.

Best wishes to Aaron, yourself, and the rest of your family on a successful operation and a speedy recovery. We will add you to our prayers.

Back