The Little Green Monster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here it is! This is what I'm building for the build off. The design theme is Top Fuel with beverage service. Keep watching!

I'm watching this intently! What a great start, this is what the build-off is all about, new, different, and outside of the box thinking! I'm watching and rooting for you. Keep an eye on that deadline and keep your head up!

Good luck!

SCOOTER!!!....I just cast my first vote!

Here's the progress so far...I'm updating this for him since he's in school right now.

This is what he did first for his build theme. He popped in a set of little OCC forks and rear tire and added a small tire from a toddler sized bike:

I'm not sure on how he's got it set up for now but it gives him a basis to work from.

Then ne started measuring the "tub" to figure out what he's going to do to cover it:

I know he wants to keep the factory switch and indicator light on the up tube for a headlight or something. Maybe the light will come on when beverage service starts....... 8)

Wow, that rear wheel looks perfect!

Too bad he doesn't have a full size OCC front end, they have a lot more built in rake.

Good luck!
Watching while M.I.A. in Southeast Asia.

Chips_Mahoy said:
yoothgeye said:
Too bad he doesn't have a full size OCC front end, they have a lot more built in rake.

We have 3 of those lying around. I'll have to suggest it to him.

They might be a little long, but if you drive the legs up through the bottom triple tree mounts and cut them off, then you can drive star nuts into them to put the allen bolts back in to hold them in place.

yoothgeye said:
They might be a little long, but if you drive the legs up through the bottom triple tree mounts and cut them off, then you can drive star nuts into them to put the allen bolts back in to hold them in place.

Thats kinda what I wasa thinking. Might weld the nuts in there just to be safe.

Chips_Mahoy said:
yoothgeye said:

Thats kinda what I wasa thinking. Might weld the nuts in there just to be safe.

Yeah, if you weld you can do that no problem, but it's really overkill. Both triple tree mounts have an allen cinch bolt, and as long as the headset is installed I can't see how they could come out.

yoothgeye said:
Both triple tree mounts have an allen cinch bolt, and as long as the headset is installed I can't see how they could come out.
Good point. I guess we'll/he'll see. Trial and error is a way of life....

josh_from_ga said:
This is gonna turn out cool. there was a production Schwinn OCC scooter produced, but the frame was blah and had fairly small wheels.

We saw one not too long before he got this frame. He said he liked this one better.

He's going to start removing the decals and making the decking. He's got a couple great ideas that's in the spirit of a true rat rod IMO. Plus, it'll be recycling...... 8)

Can't wait to see what's in the zombie farmer's head.

I'm updating for him again since he's in school.....

He took the decals off the frame:

We went out to the garage afterwards and did some more mock-up of the front forks. We're still not sure on how he plans to attach it all together to make it work. Sorry....no pics of that.

So, exactly how many bikes are in BO7 from the Mahoy Mafia???

Great start kid, will keep my eye on this one.

Back