The Mini Pink Safari

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice job! Your little girl is going to have a unique gift and life long fond memories of her zebra bike! All the rest of us dads need to take note!

Hey guys,

For those of you following this little thing what are your thoughts on the fir tank insert. The cool thing is that not only do I think it looks great it's got a soft texture. My wife seems a little unsure thats why I ask.

4958ca96.jpg

0b836249.jpg

8e80ac5e.jpg

Sweet bike. I love kids bike builds. I think because I like building them. Nothing better than a stoked kid. :mrgreen:
I don't think I'd do the tank, but i think upholstering the seat with it would be awesome.

sensor said:
ExtraBlaze said:
Sweet bike. I love kids bike builds. I think because I like building them. Nothing better than a stoked kid. :mrgreen:
I don't think I'd do the tank, but i think upholstering the seat with it would be awesome.
+1 f.w.i.w.

+2.

Thanks all for your opinions. As far as the fir insert some likey some don't. Hmmmm tough call. Anyway check out the added touch to the front end of the frame and steer tube. Kind of adds that old school look. I did the same thing to the chain guard but it's not done as I need to repaint after wet sanding it. This thing should be complete soon.

e242a304.jpg

ca787b72.jpg

well it's almost finished. Here's some picts. A few more finishing touches and its complete.
8f0a5eef.jpg

904d46b5.jpg

6e8cab4f.jpg

78aee8d8.jpg

5150770c.jpg

by the looks of the bike and the smile on her face, ya must be thinking " job well done"

i know i certainly am! sweet ride!
ya gonna put a kick stand on it for her?

icyuod2 said:
by the looks of the bike and the smile on her face, ya must be thinking " job well done"

i know i certainly am! sweet ride!
ya gonna put a kick stand on it for her?

I definitely feel proud for sure. No kickstand at this point cause I'm putting on training wheels. I'm painting them today as well as installing a basket and a bell. I'm working on a different seat for it that will flow nicely and give it that classic look.

i imagen thats gonna be one of those few bicycles she remembers for the rest of her life.

who knows, maybe one day she'll give it to her own daugther.

dam straight you should feel proud. thats a top notch build!

icyuod2 said:
i imagen thats gonna be one of those few bicycles she remembers for the rest of her life.

who knows, maybe one day she'll give it to her own daugther.

darn straight you should feel proud. thats a top notch build!

It'll be a sad day when she out grows it. :cry: I think I'll hang it up on display when that day comes. Maybe in my family room. :shock:

that looks great! and she looks super happy with it. good job. where did you find those grips...my girl wants them lol

Latest posts

Back