"The Money Shot" *added a 3 speed*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to numerous hours spent on this site and seeing all the killer stuff you guys build I figured I would give it a shot.
Started out with A Hunter beach cruiser I bought on CL for $3.50 and a junker Roadmaster that also came from CL.
5H95J15Ma3G93Id3Hdc3saf185e88822a1cd1.jpg

471210_3762036811492_1293721162_33707130_153513684_o.jpg

made a little jig and cut them apart
469206_3762029491309_1293721162_33707124_2065877243_o.jpg

469127_3762025411207_1293721162_33707117_1454796614_o.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

And now its one piece again. Quick mock up, now time to clean the welds sand blast the frame and make it move under peddle power!!!
IMG_0842.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Re: My first stretch

Wow Thanks a lot for the kind words. I did a full mock up today stole the bars off my Del Mar and went for a ride....It is a lot faster than I thought it would be.
IMG_0843.jpg

I still have some welds to clean and some more parts coming for it. I really wanted to take it for a spin!!! :D
IMG_0845.jpg

How was the handling? Ok? Despite the ape? :wink: Sorry,bad joke. But I've got abit of an ape-trauma,caused by one of my former Harley's.
What I mean is: did you produce a straight frame?
Btw,what's the story on the Tiki-guy on the left? Did you cut it yourself? It's cool.

It tracks nice and straight.....I dont think the apes are staying I'm 6ft and I am stretched out. As far as the Tiki goes they are all over my yard around 10 of them all carved by friends of mine, plus a full Hawaiian Tiki bar out back. Hot Rods, Tikis, surfing and Bikes are a few of the things I love.

Great stretch! Looks factory,nice work! 8) :mrgreen:

FatBoy said:
Great stretch! Looks factory,nice work! 8) :mrgreen:
Thanks FatBoy.
I need some help with the handlebars. I took the bars from my Dyno Glide I think they look pretty cool but does anyone make a set that are longer and more swept back?
IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

Also what do ya'll think about the fenders?

Depends how the weather's like in your neighbourhood.
Personally,I'm not too fond of fenders, but if you really need them, just put them on.
If you don't really need both fenders, I'ld stick to the rear-one. And lose the chrome. But this is my personal view. :mrgreen:

haven't been to builds much so i'm just seeing this. looks good.

for handlebars, i just keep an eye out on ebay and try to get the measurements from the seller. for the way my bikes end up, if they say the pull back is at least 14" they usually work for me.

the last couple stretches i've played with i extended some shorter bars. if they sweep back in a way you like (where adding lenth makes then come back further and not just get real wide), you can use 1/2" emt (i think. i know one size fits just right) as a sleeve and add some straight section of some other handlebars you have handy and don't mind cutting. i cover my messy welds and grinding with long foam grips.

also, consider some kind of backrest if you can work out something. it doesn't have to be big or high, just something to hold you in place when you try to push up hills or accelerate. it really makes a big difference in enjoying a stretch.

Back