The next build off? Plans for the future

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which would interest you?

• Off Road

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Muscle

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Skinny

Votes: 22 59.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
if it ends up being a skinny tire BO, I'm going to make mine a British theme on behalf of the departed Queen.

if it ends up being a skinny tire BO, I'm going to make mine a British theme on behalf of the departed Queen.
Poll ends Sunday. Unless something radical happens I'm guessing we are going to have 3 classes

LIKE.jpg

I need an aerodynamic disc for the back wheel on my Skinny build. I suppose I could source a "real" Time Trials bike wheel but anybody got an extra few hundred bucks they're willing to part with?

Merle

I need an aerodynamic disc for the back wheel on my Skinny build. I suppose I could source a "real" Time Trials bike wheel but anybody got an extra few hundred bucks they're willing to part with?

Merle
Take two sheets of thin EPS (extruded polystyrène) and make your own...
SAM_3143.jpg

Merle
G. C. I found a totally aero carbon wheel for just over $4,000! Free shipping though. Had no idea such a thing existed.
s-l1600.jpg

I need an aerodynamic disc for the back wheel on my Skinny build.
I would love a set of off road disks. Never seen a set in the wild, I've heard they sound like a drum
tioga_disc_drive_black_edition__1513009954_b88b4a7c.jpg

Wheels like that would require a completely different sketch though.
453983-3c3de76b113a165b895732f642202757.jpg

I like dreaming. Dreaming is free.

Coincidentally, I’m already working on a skinny bike (Centurion) a muscle bike (Huffy) and an off-road bike (Trek).

They will not all be “finished” before the contest begins. All of these are going to be built so my kids & grandkids will have something to ride when they come over to see me.

The truth is I’m more interested in building a trike and a real Frankenbike & it might be like this pink and blue monstrosity.
512C3284-5203-4834-8AD5-5D003FFB8E48.jpeg

In the near future, I will disappear for a while, while I modify the frame on my hobby car. Actually it might take 3 months, but I’m hoping to do it in three weeks.

I've started my hunt for british-themed parts in case we go with a skinny build.

I wonder if the polls will reflect the participants? This might actually be interesting and unusual. Imagine a class that could embrace antique and ultramodern on an equal footing with little favoritism, where all these bikes would be included.
amer star.jpg

ivers.jpg

burrosized.jpg

vintage tt2.jpg

GC

It's been a pretty long time since I've even seen a skinny tire build here. It's cool that such an idea snowballed into a poll winner. It's pretty easy to find an abandoned skinny tire bike. Anyone thinking budget build could jump on in too. The lowly Kmart 10 speed rises from the boneyard...

Merle

Latest posts

Back