The next build off? Plans for the future

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which would interest you?

• Off Road

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Muscle

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Skinny

Votes: 22 59.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Skinny is something I normally avoid. So tempted to build some kind of skinny tyre pedal forward cruiser.

Have this frame, which I think will make for a great muscle bike build.
View attachment 209184

Also keen for a klunker build. Time permitting
Your Huffy sure looks like my Kent LaJola!
20220912_180140.jpg

Maybe the lowly wallymart coaster brake bike rises with a 3 speed!

As stated in the other thread, I'll be aiming to finish the muscle bike for my son from the BO (Hope4muscle).
View attachment 209212
And I would be up to enter a skinny city commuter build based on the donor frame from above mention build... It will become the "Skinny'matic".
View attachment 209211
The "matic"-part is hopefully on its way to me, most of the other parts will come from my stash and some of them have been used on other BO-bikes already...
In two weeks I have a campground weekend planned and will put together a first POP...
One first secret ingredient for my skinny build arrived in the mail just yesterday:
IMG_20220913_080951825.jpg

And on the same day the "matic" part arrived as well:
IMG_20220913_081316747.jpg

IMG_20220913_081322911.jpg

I'll give it a trial run in my campground folder soon and then release the hub of it's rim and spokes...

Sounds fun.
I missed the vote, and haven’t finished my summer build, but I have a nice frame hanging in the garage and should be able to build from my pile of parts.
I probably missed it, but what is the max width to still be a “skinny tire” ?

Sounds fun.
I missed the vote, and haven’t finished my summer build, but I have a nice frame hanging in the garage and should be able to build from my pile of parts.
I probably missed it, but what is the max width to still be a “skinny tire” ?
40mm/1.5"

So what would this fall under?View attachment 209740
You could build it as a Muscle Bike if you satisfy the (minimum two outta three rule). Those being (briefly) a) apehangers (or other muscle bike bars) b) big and little tire combo c) banana type seat.

You could build it as a skinny bike by satisfying the 40mm/1.5" and under tire requirement.

You could build it as an Off-Road entry...it's a reach, but strange things tend to happen in RRBBOs. :bigsmile:

Welcome to RRB!

The positive to the build off being almost 2 months away is all the time to collect parts without killing your wallet. We should all be able to build fantastic and unique bikes with all this prep AND maybe I won't be finishing this next one on the day before the deadline...

Carl.
It still kills your wallet, only it spread over a longer time frame 🤣

Latest posts

Back