The next contestant........ Hiawatha Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice paint but why are you putting such "cheap" tires on it? :mrgreen: Black rims and spokes would look good and some yellow stripes or flames to go with the tread. Of course I would be proud to have it as is.

My paint is still trying to get out the can also. We have an inversion. Foggy and 20-25 degrees day and night.

maddogrider said:
Do you have an easy way to measure for spoke length?

most regular hubs are 10 1/2 . alot of the companys use a large flange front spindle so they can use the same spokes for the front too.
yeah it has a greese zirt too. most old bikes had them . they didnt have tv back then so they spent their spare time greasing something.

yeah our warm front is over for a few days ....it suppose to get down to freezing here tonight. Im glad i got the main paint on. I heated my shop today to work on it some and it was a little chilly out there at first.
Clancy these bikes are to flip so I dont put much into them. Wont see any felts or schwalbs on mine. Spring is here in another month or so and i will need something to flip. I have about 4 so far. The elgin will stay...its a nosale bike ,but these others are gone when it gets warmer. Its fun to build them and see which one sells fastest. :wink: My next one will be a 3 wheeler . im curious to see if my neighbors wife will really buy it . he bought one of my hd's and she said she wants a three wheeler.

OH man!, no Schwinn build for next week? I hope the ratings for Uncle Stretch's Garage dont fall in the toilet.lol
Maybe they won't i know i will still tune in. Schwinn or no Schwinn.

Actually I think it might be a schwinn......naw just kidding i think its a worksman.he he Its one of those plant heavy duty carry an elephant and some tools bikes. But I made myself a promise if its too cold or too hot I'm on the couch with a fresh supply of twinkies and cupcakes ...with the western channel on wide open. the bikes wont freeze and they will be there when its better. :x :roll: :shock: :lol:

Ok got a little more done today. Went with the black fenders with red pinstripe on the edge and did a little black design on the frame.....getting closer :lol:

fendersandpaint002.jpg

fendersandpaint003.jpg

nosun002.jpg

Thanks. Oh the kickstand is hard to carry too. try ridding with a 3 foot piece of 1/2 conduit in your back pocket.

maddogrider said:
Mighty fine lookin ride ya got there Uncle Stretch. That is one of the craziest lookin kickstands i ever did see.HEHEHE
looks good :mrgreen:
dont give him too much trouble about the kickstand!!! ive been know to use a 6 ton jackstand before myself :lol:

Back