The next major buildoff?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How fat do you consider fat ? Most bikes I see on here a 2.5" is the largest the frame will accommodate
hes-right-you-know-image-566702-morgan-freeman-53644077~2.png

What debate? It will be a Muscle Bike Buildoff. Sadly the "Winter Buildoff" has been pretty much shelved, and a kids bike build could fit into that with a subcategory...

Carl

What debate? It will be a Muscle Bike Buildoff. Sadly the "Winter Buildoff" has been pretty much shelved, and a kids bike build could fit into that with a subcategory...

Carl
I thought the MBBO was the winter build off?

My assumption was this was discussing having something different, possibly in between

Maybe I'm confused :wondering::39:

I thought the MBBO was the winter build off?

My assumption was this was discussing having something different, possibly in between

Maybe I'm confused :wondering::39:
See what they did? They used to be separate. MBBO first and then the WBO after, but some folks cried there were too many buildoffs each year (3?) and they ditched the WBO. But in years past we had a lot of fun with it. Even as a no rules anything goes one year. If you want to see fun go into the archives and just look at all the buildoffs we've had, not even counting the individual competitions! So something different? Yeah as a subcategory to the MBBO. Cuz there ain't no way they'll drop that one. Maybe class 2 could be BMX. That's an easy build to do, them bikes litter alleys everywhere. Real vintage BMX like real Muscle bikes are getting rarer too.

GC.

There's a little crossover, could they be combined? A Muscle/BMX (MBBMXBO)? And who the heck complained about too many Build Offs?! That's where the action is!

See what they did? They used to be separate. MBBO first and then the WBO after, but some folks cried there were too many buildoffs each year (3?) and they ditched the WBO
tenor.gif

As to needing to build to comment... I've joined multiple build offs and finished 'zero'...I have rarely, if ever, made it past mock up. Life happens. This is a forum for bicycle enthusiasts... I'm enthusiastic about bicycles... perfect fit. I've never felt anything but welcome here, and hope that never changes.

As to needing to build to comment... I've joined multiple build offs and finished 'zero'...I have rarely, if ever, made it past mock up. Life happens. This is a forum for bicycle enthusiasts... I'm enthusiastic about bicycles... perfect fit. I've never felt anything but welcome here, and hope that never changes.
THIS EXACTLY. ^^^
Plus it's easy to inflict your own intentions on someone else's post, when they may or may not have the same intentions in mind. Facebook is a battlefield because of this, most social media is. Let's not resort to twitterwars to hash out our differences. Differences are part of our strength, it's the blend of so many new and unusual ideas we can add to our own way of thinking, that increases the interest and knowledge here.

Carl.

Also, please don't wear your underwear on your sleeve. The hash marks are stinking up the place...

I just built another “muscle” bike for the big build off so I’m skipping the winter unless something else pops up. I always follow along even if I don’t participate. The answer to what the winter build off was is why I ended up online today. This forum is great for eye candy and learning

Carl
When is the MBBO? It's always fun to watch.

See what they did? They used to be separate. MBBO first and then the WBO after, but some folks cried there were too many buildoffs each year (3?) and they ditched the WBO. But in years past we had a lot of fun with it. Even as a no rules anything goes one year. If you want to see fun go into the archives and just look at all the buildoffs we've had, not even counting the individual competitions! So something different? Yeah as a subcategory to the MBBO. Cuz there ain't no way they'll drop that one. Maybe class 2 could be BMX. That's an easy build to do, them bikes litter alleys everywhere. Real vintage BMX like real Muscle bikes are getting rarer too.

GC.

I didn't even realize the 2019-2020 one was like that. From @LukeTheJoker original post about the MBBO

Combined MBBO (Muscle Bike Build-Off) and WBO. (Winter Build-Off)

Class 1 as per usual MBBO:

The 2 out 3 rule: Must meet at least 2 of the following 3 options:

1: Rear tire larger than the front. (Wider or taller or both.)
2: Banana seat.
3: Muscle bike appropriate bars. (Apehangers, steering wheels...)
You can have all three options!

Class 2 is the WBO and the requirement this time is all tires must be under 21" overall diameter, we would love to see BMX, Scramblers, MiniVelos, Scooters, Kids bikes etc, you get the idea.

Dates are Oct 1st 20.. to Feb 1st 20..

Latest posts

Back