The ol Roadmaster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok the weather was beautiful and I already had stripped the roadmaster frame so Its build a bike time. I had every intention of using this frontend on the westfield....Gee that didnt live here long. It is a cool frontend and let me see it came off of a roadmaster, so it might as well go back on one. I am not paticularly fond of blue ,but trying to match the paint on the westfield I seem to have 5 cans of differant blue. The off white is called kacki ....It didnt match the westfield either. I still have to paint the scallops but the paint is wet and I will have to force myself to wait. So here is the start of this one ...hope ya like it. :shock: Its so blue!!!!UGH

roadmaster007.jpg

cman said:
The Blue and Creme(khaki) look good. Who makes that Khaki?

ok I was confused . its called Fine Almond gloss and its made by Rustoleum in their American Accents colors.

Yeah Tiki the chrome wasnt that good so I wire brushed them really good and then shot them with black paint. The springs are wide enough apart where you can get a good coating inside them too.

It was funny when I took that frontend apart I broke one of the top strutt rods. I had to drill out the old part and since I needed to have new ones, I made some out of 9'' long 3/8 bolts. bent them like the old ones and then cut off the bolt head part and threaded it to the 3/8 fine thread for the parts that screwed into the spring and had a perfect fix.

Well I got some more paint on . It turned out pretty good . Its a shame we arnt born knowing how to pinstripe. Would be alot easier than using tape.

darts001.jpg

darts002.jpg

Stretch,
will you be my uncle too?

maddogrider said:
Is that a Harbor Freight add i see on the bench?
Yeah now that the economy is in the toilet instead of getting one ad per week they send three. but they work good for covering up what you dont want sprayed. :wink:

Can I send you a frame to tape for me? :mrgreen: I will be attempting my first fancy mask job on my Elgin.

Hey Clancy it is kinda hard but if you do smaller more delicate lines , instead of big fat points it looks better. These are alot quicker ....just tape to a point in the middle and then cover everything with paper and masking tape. the thinner lines have to be done with that 3m 1/4 '' tape. this was my first thin one so i will have to practice and get better.

mon1.jpg

Back