The ol Roadmaster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
love love love the Roadmaster. I am partial to blue though.

from another thread:
Uncle Stretch said:
... I just did an elgin with black rims and tires and the majority of what i have are black alloy wheels. may not go with a blue bike. Do have a couple chrome sets but they arnt skiptooth. Can paint a set ,but to take them apart and then respoke and true two rims is work,and I'm in the lazy mode right now. May take the easy way out and black alloy with regular sprocket. One thing about alot of choices is you can just keep changing and come up with something . Its going to be hard to miss with the frame and seat you have.

black and blue go well together IMHO. see:
DSC02960-1.jpg

those wheels are black.

They do look good on your bike Thatismytruck ,but your running whitewalls and I just got my 6 Kenda flames that are blackwall.Hummmmm wonder if my lbs has any whitewalls left on his going out of business sale.

Hey thanks for the appreciation everybody...as you know I think It cures the vainess that we all suffer from. :roll: And Frank Im glad you like them. I'm anxious to see how your elgin turns out. I still have one nailed to my shop roof that I was saving for a special occasion. I may have to yank it down and start it as soon as I finish this blue Road king. :) :D :lol:

man! i love everything about this one! :mrgreen: the paint,the forks,the frame shape,all first class! :D do we get to watch you build a bike every week now? :lol: :lol: you could teach "lurker 101",like a professor. that`s basically how i learned this stuff! :D

texasbigjon said:
man! i love everything about this one! :mrgreen: the paint,the forks,the frame shape,all first class! :D do we get to watch you build a bike every week now? :lol: :lol: you could teach "lurker 101",like a professor. that`s basically how i learned this stuff! :D
yeah Im not sure John but with the good weather we have been having...with real low humidity ...if you aint painting your missing something. ha ha

thatismytruck said:
I promise you that black wheels black walls will look good on the blue frame. :wink:
Ok its no biggie Ill throw a set on it in a minute after a cup of coffee and see what it looks like ha ha

Those forks on the Roadmaster look cool, what were the originally off of? The Trek chopper is way cool! KEEP ON BUILDIN', RIDIN', & DIGGIN' !

Quanah said:
Those forks on the Roadmaster look cool, what were the originally off of? The Trek chopper is way cool! KEEP ON BUILDIN', RIDIN', & DIGGIN' !
They came off of a roadmaster ...just not this one.
Ok for thatismytruck....black rims and blackwalls. Looks pretty good. Forgot the part where the front axel is smaller and you have to grind out the forks some. Lots of fun when its already painted. Seem to have an overabundance of blackwall Kenda Flames :roll:

blackwalls001.jpg

Back