The Poseidon adventure

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pondo

Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I took advantage of the Last Chance sale Poseidon had on it's close out Redwood models. I picked up this super fun gravel bike, which arrived yesterday. It's the 1st drop bar bike I've had in over 40 years. I usually don't care for drops but these aren't too bad. And for the price this thing just can't be beat.
IMG_1207.jpeg

It's screaming for some color. I'm really not too fond of the color scheme, it's too monochromatic for this bike. Eventually I think I'll paint it but for now the orange Fooker pedals will have to do. Some different bar tape and skin wall tires will help too. Functionally I'm going to ditch the seat for a Brooks, get things adjusted to where it's more comfortable and put some mileage on it. Over time I'm going to put some supple tubeless tires on it, upgrade to compressionless brake cable housings and get a 32 tooth chainring for the hills. It climbs really well but there's a ton of steep hills around here and some lower gears will be nice. Eventually some bike packing bags might be in order.

I took it for a local spin today on mixed paved and dirt roads. In short, it's pretty great. Works well on and off road, climbs well, descends well, reasonably fast, handles good and stable. I'm really liking it so far. With lower gears and beefier quads this bike is going to be great for longer day rides and hopefully some overnight trips out in the local forest. Redwood is a great name but I think it's going to need a nick name. It's a really cool bike. :cool2:
IMG_1208.jpeg
IMG_1209.jpeg
IMG_1210.jpeg
IMG_1211.jpeg

Back