TRADITIONAL The Resu-Trektion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ol Duotrap. Game changer computer set up when it came out. Cool stuff happening here.

The ol Duotrap. Game changer computer set up when it came out. Cool stuff happening here.
I have the display for it as well. Will see if I can do a stealthy mount and tuck it behind the stem.

Finished filing, sanding and polishing the non-drive crank. Did the same to the pedal faces.

IMG_1725.jpeg

IMG_1723.jpeg

I think someone said this before, but this polishing level is sorcery! I'm changing my title for you from 'Polish King' to 'Polish Wizard'!
Everything you touch turns shiny!
He's definitely beyond "Bobby Vinton" levels here
s-l1600.jpg

I think someone said this before, but this polishing level is sorcery! I'm changing my title for you from 'Polish King' to 'Polish Wizard'!
Everything you touch turns shiny!
He's definitely beyond "Bobby Vinton" levels here
Thank you fellas. 😅😂

Didn’t share the progress photos of the cranks as the level of carving got truely kooky.
IMG_1647.jpeg

IMG_1648.jpeg

IMG_1649.jpeg

IMG_1650.jpeg

IMG_1651.jpeg
IMG_1652.jpeg

Glad I only have the front derailleur left to do.

Appreciate all the nice feedback fellas. Got sidetracked a little when my son got home from work and suggested we take a midnight bike ride.

Limited to what we could get to easily so it was a couple old Schwinns. ‘64 Sting Ray and ‘76…? Scrambler.

IMG_1766.jpeg
IMG_1761.jpeg
IMG_1768.jpeg

This front derailleur was the last thing that needed polished and it’s done! Still needs reassembled but don’t want to get into the grease right now.
IMG_1739.jpeg
IMG_1787.jpeg
IMG_1779.jpeg
IMG_1785.jpeg
IMG_1743.jpeg
IMG_1744.jpeg
IMG_1745.jpeg
IMG_1755.jpeg
IMG_1751.jpeg
IMG_1769.jpeg

This thing could be a runner tomorrow. 🤔

Got the cables ran. Was raining and momma left to do errands so worked in the living room with the doggy.

Fiddly job.

IMG_1808.jpeg
IMG_1810.jpeg

Couple quick yard pics.
IMG_1826.jpeg
IMG_1856.jpeg

Like being in a bowl of hot soup outside even though temps are down a bit.

Seems I’ve lost the master link for the chain so waiting on a replacement.

Last edited:
Found a SRAM quick link to use as a stand-in to get the derailleurs adjusted.

IMG_1860.jpeg

IMG_1862.jpeg

That went really smooth so decided to take her for a quick spin.

Bike is amazing with the flat bars. Carbon rides so smooth. Pedals become a “loud pedal” when it’s on the big front ring.

Easy to achieve “man I should be wearing a helmet” speeds.

Brakes are eye-popping. Cleaned the rim brake surface with Dawn dish soap and rubbing alcohol.

Can’t take much credit for the performance but really glad Lance admitted to cheating as I’m sure this helped me be able to get a used one for about 80% off retail and rat it up.

Grabbed some practice photos on the ride. Lemme know if you see anything you like.

IMG_1864.jpeg
IMG_1868.jpeg
IMG_1878.jpeg
IMG_1879.jpeg
IMG_1882.jpeg
IMG_1897.jpeg
IMG_1902.jpeg
IMG_1903.jpeg
IMG_1904.jpeg
IMG_1905.jpeg
IMG_1907.jpeg
IMG_1909.jpeg
IMG_1910.jpeg
IMG_1911.jpeg
IMG_1912.jpeg

Can only seem to get the sparkly spoke effect in the back yard.

IMG_1915.jpeg

She’s a sweet ride. Really tickled with the way it rides with the flat bars.
IMG_1914.jpeg

Hey Chad, get that rear wheel stand you have and bring it to that white wall location and stand the bike out from the wall a bit (no handlebar lean) and shoot a 2/3 front angle shot. That axle mount wheel stand was a go to in shops to show off the fast bikes!

Love the flat bars!

Are you going to replace the dust cap in the center of the crank?
I lost the cap. :D I like the open end of the hollow spindle. That was the point of all the digging to get to it. Shows off that they are good cranks and looks like a big exhaust pipe. No cap. Maybe a little something down inside though..🤔
e4.jpg

It wouldn't fit anymore. He reamed it out, for the modern BB.
Bone stock Shimano 105 cranks.....(slightly modified)...;-)

Back