TRADITIONAL The Resu-Trektion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe try some upshots from the same distance you are currently taking pics. Either get down on your elbows and knees and angle up a little or lay on your side. Upangle shot might also catch the curve of the bars.
Was going to suggest getting down a little. Lower perspective makes the bike seem GRAND

the jerk GIF

“THE NEW CHAINRING BOLTS ARE HERE!!!….THE NEW CHAINRING BOLTS ARE HERE!!”

And they’re actually gold this time. 😎
IMG_1991.jpeg

New KMC quick link came in as well.
IMG_1994.jpeg

Looking forward to gold accent jewelry.
Finally…
1719442463298.jpeg

1719442531019.jpeg

IMG_2010.jpeg

Since so much of the polish is along the bottom half of the bike. Maybe try some upshots from the same distance you are currently taking pics.

Was going to suggest getting down a little. Lower perspective makes the bike seem GRAND
Love this idea! Solid rain today so working inside with old fluffy wolf hound again.
IMG_1996.jpeg

Way too close but def a good angle. It does show the curve of the bars nicely.
IMG_1998.jpeg

Appreciate the input. Thank you!

Last edited:
That is what I always do for my CocaCola wall photos. I lay right down in the dirt and gravel
Polished parts and bars look cool from this angle too.

1719446035983.png

First thing I thought of when you mentioned the low angle. One of my all time favs. 😍❤️

Thanks. If you look close you'll see me in the reflection on the headlight.

I know you've shown a few of your reflections in your polished pieces. I'm in sort of a Burt Reynolds centerfold position (but with clothes) in this one :D :D :D

1719452100388.png

Still not wild about the front view. I think they look ok when the stem is blocked by the shifter but some of them give it too much of a hybrid/city bike look. Still partial to the side/rear angle I think. Will have to take a bunch of pics from different angles and see what happens.

Killer pics, I love the reflections too. Puddles are awesome surprises.

Still not wild about the front view. I think they look ok when the stem is blocked by the shifter but some of them give it too much of a hybrid/city bike look. Still partial to the side/rear angle I think. Will have to take a bunch of pics from different angles and see what happens.

Each bike is different on what you want to be sure is seen, or what angle happens to block something else. That's part of what I do as I ride my bike during the build. Those ride pics help me discover the good and bad photo angles.

Killer pics, I love the reflections too. Puddles are awesome surprises.
When the sun came out after raining most of the day I knew there'd be some good puddles to play in.
Each bike is different on what you want to be sure is seen, or what angle happens to block something else. That's part of what I do as I ride my bike during the build. Those ride pics help me discover the good and bad photo angles.
Yeah gradually learning the ins and outs of this. This is a very different bike for me. Want to try the down low from slightly to the back. Would be nice to feature some of the whittling.

Back